Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE How to resolve missing missing dependencies with opensuse 11.3 and 12.3? Post 302865527 by cjcox on Friday 18th of October 2013 05:27:16 PM
Old 10-18-2013
For opensuse 12.3, install libstdc++33

Trying to run newer software on older OS's is a problem. Usually you want to build low and run high.

It's certainly possible...

One way would likely break his 11.3 OS in many ways... that is, trying to get the newer libraries on the host. If you choose this route, safest way is to isolate the new libraries. This means manual builds or using rpm build overrides so that it won't affect anything, and even then I wouldn't allow the rpm to found in the installed software db.

The other way is back on your end and trying to compile statically so that there are fewer (if any) dependencies. Of course, there's some risks there... so no guarantee.
This User Gave Thanks to cjcox For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what am I missing?

I have the following portion of a script Check() { echo "\n\nChecking that all constraints are Enabled" echo "..." sleep 2 CHECK_COUNT='sqlplus -s $1 <<-EOSQL4 set feed off pause off pages 0 head off; set linesize 150 echo off; select count(*) from user_constraints where... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zelp
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delimiters missing

Hi I have a pipe-delimited file where I eventually need to replace a string stored on the 3th field on a specific record. This is how the file looks like: A|Mike|Lvl 1|... B|... A|Maria|Lvl 1|... C|... B|... A|Jimmy|Lvl 2|... C|... A|Carry|Lvl 0|... C|... B|... A|John|Lvl 8|...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indalecio
2 Replies

3. AIX

fileset missing

Hello I need to install this fileset on a server with Aix 5.1 bos.perf.diag_tool bos.perf.libperfstat I go to the link http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/genunix3/aixfixes.html and i find this fileset but the last version thatīs what i need the lastest one for both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Missing Package

Hi All, I have a server running SunOS 5.9, on this I need to install Oracle 10g; however the installer returns ERROR: Unable to convert from "UTF-8" to "646" for NLS! Did some digging around and found that I need the SUNWuiu8 package. However I'm not sure where I can download the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zak
1 Replies

5. Solaris

pfild missing!!

I wanted to enable IP filtering on a Solaris10 U4 machine. For some reason I dont find /usr/sbin/pfild. This machine was running a minimal version of S10U4 and I got to know that for pfild I need to have SUNWipfr and SUNWipfu. I installed both those packages but no sign of pfild yet. Anyone has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Missing dependencies updating unixODBC / MySQL Connector

I have installed mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.5-0.i386.rpm and libtools on my Fedora12 system. Updating with yum says that there is nothing to update. Updating with rpm -Uvh mysql-connector-odbc-5.1.7-0.i386.rpm fails with the same missing dependencies as for the 64-bit version. Should I force... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bengbers
4 Replies

7. Programming

Trigonometry missing?

I have been testing some c-files in Fedora 6 and 15 and it looks as if the math.h is different in Linux compared to Windows (BCC 4 and VC5). Where are all trigonometrics like sin and cos? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pelle-48
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[: missing `]'

Hi, I am getting this error while running the following code. i=`awk '{print $2}' test1.txt` j=`awk '{print $4}' test1.txt` k=`awk '{print $6}' test1.txt` if ; then echo "Up." else echo "down" fi rm -f test.txt test1.txt error is this: line 12: ' Please suggest. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Yum - resolving missing dependencies that are not missing

I am trying to install VirtualBox on RHEL 5 but I need the 32 bit version for 32 bit Windows. When I run yum I get the following: sudo yum localinstall /auto/spvtg-it/spvss-migration/Software/VirtualBox-4.3-4.3.2_90405_el6-1.i686.rpm Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Setting up Local Package... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gw1500se
13 Replies
GO(1)							      General Commands Manual							     GO(1)

NAME
go - tool for managing Go source code SYNOPSIS
go command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The Go distribution includes a command, named go, that automates the downloading, building, installation, and testing of Go packages and commands. COMMANDS
Each command is documented in its own manpage. For example, the build command is documented in go-build(1). The commands are: build compile packages and dependencies clean remove object files doc run godoc on package sources env print Go environment information fix run go tool fix on packages fmt run gofmt on package sources get download and install packages and dependencies install compile and install packages and dependencies list list packages run compile and run Go program test test packages tool run specified go tool version print Go version vet run go tool vet on packages EXAMPLES
TODO SEE ALSO
go-build(1), go-clean(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Michael Stapelberg <stapelberg@debian.org>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 2012-05-13 GO(1)