Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to pass a parameter to an alias in ksh? Post 302865473 by Corona688 on Friday 18th of October 2013 01:56:13 PM
Old 10-18-2013
If you want parameters, a function would be better than an alias. You should be able to use the literal code you've given:

Code:
cd2 () {
        cd /data_saves/$(/opt/bin/util/getcustdb -i $@)
}

Code:
cd2 12345

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PASS parameter to AWK

Hi, Can i pass a parameter(not a file name) as a parameter to a awk program? eg; $awk -f test 1 2 3 here test is the filename...and 1,2,3 are the i/p parameters? thank you:-) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unisam
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a parameter

Hi all, How to pass a parameter from a oracle pl/sql procedure parameter to shell environment and use it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass parameter to subroutine

I have something like cp -p <dir>filename1.dat <dir2>filename1.dat there are many other operations in it I mean that filename1.dat will keep on changing I need to write a subroutine so that i can pass filename1 or 2 or 3 .dat as parameter Thanking you in advance Any help wuld be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter to function

HI all I have a code like ############################################## minyear() { curryear=$1 echo $curryear } ##Main Program ## minyear exit ####### when i execute "sh scriptname 2005" output should be like 2005 but the output is blank. I guess i need to pass parameter to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parameter substitution with alias

Hello, in my .bashrc I tried to setup some aliases. alias scp_cmd="scp -P 8888 $1 me@somehost:." is supposed to copy a local file to somehost via scp. However it seems that the command line substitution does not work here. However this works: alias lst="ls -l $1" The above scp command can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: strobotta
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass the parameter value to a... ?

Hello I have a simple code like this one: #!/bin/ksh VER=$1 cat /usr/text | while read line do echo $line done Let's say $1=1.0.0 and the contents of text is: abcd.cfg asdf I would like the output to be like this abcd1.0.0.cfg asdf1.0.0 I am thinking of passing the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter to SED

My script(ksh) works fine for --------------------------------------------------- sed -n '28,31p' ${l_name} >> ${LOG_DIR}/Email.txt --------------------------------------------------- But I wand to pass parrmeter to this syntax I did the following things ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter

Hi, I have following for loop , please let me know how to get ${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} parameter with 1DAY and 7DAY values. for i in 1DAY 7DAY do ${NZSQL_DIR}/nzsql -h ${HOST} -time -v ON_ERROR_STOP=1 -f ${SQL_DIR}/${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} > ${TMP_LOG_FILE} 2>&1 done ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to manage parameter in alias?

I make alias in bashrc file and typed it on prompt, alias tes='echo "$1"xx"$2"xxx"$3"xxxx' $ tes a b c xxxxxxxxx a b c what's happened to the shell here ?, and also, alias tes='echo "$3"xx"$2"xxx"$1"xxxx $ tes a b c xxxxxxxxx a b c anyone sincerely is to help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
2 Replies
DO(7)							  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation						     DO(7)

NAME
DO - execute an anonymous code block SYNOPSIS
DO [ LANGUAGE lang_name ] code DESCRIPTION
DO executes an anonymous code block, or in other words a transient anonymous function in a procedural language. The code block is treated as though it were the body of a function with no parameters, returning void. It is parsed and executed a single time. The optional LANGUAGE clause can be written either before or after the code block. PARAMETERS
code The procedural language code to be executed. This must be specified as a string literal, just as in CREATE FUNCTION. Use of a dollar-quoted literal is recommended. lang_name The name of the procedural language the code is written in. If omitted, the default is plpgsql. NOTES
The procedural language to be used must already have been installed into the current database by means of CREATE LANGUAGE. plpgsql is installed by default, but other languages are not. The user must have USAGE privilege for the procedural language, or must be a superuser if the language is untrusted. This is the same privilege requirement as for creating a function in the language. EXAMPLES
Grant all privileges on all views in schema public to role webuser: DO $$DECLARE r record; BEGIN FOR r IN SELECT table_schema, table_name FROM information_schema.tables WHERE table_type = 'VIEW' AND table_schema = 'public' LOOP EXECUTE 'GRANT ALL ON ' || quote_ident(r.table_schema) || '.' || quote_ident(r.table_name) || ' TO webuser'; END LOOP; END$$; COMPATIBILITY
There is no DO statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
CREATE LANGUAGE (CREATE_LANGUAGE(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 DO(7)