Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Is it must to enable TCB on AIX LPARs ? Post 302865139 by blackrageous on Thursday 17th of October 2013 06:30:04 PM
Old 10-17-2013
It does not seem clear what you are asking. TCB stands for the trusted computing base (Trusted AIX) and it's designed to aid in the security of your system. It's also called Multi-Level Security (label-based security). In short, it tracks "objects" like files, IPC, etc to insure they aren't changed or compromised. Enabling TCB is a matter of policy for your business. You usually turn trusted aix on when you're doing an installation. Please refer to the documentation for additional information.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular user - enable printer - aix unix

how can I let a regular user enable a printer? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naes
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX and TCB

Hi I have a question with regards to AIX 5.3 & TCB. I have a client that is requesting TCB to be installed in AIX. However it seems that the perception of TCB is that it causes major headaches when it comes to configuring the system in real world environments, such as large scale Oracle... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimyo
15 Replies

3. AIX

Implementing a TCB-Environment in AIX

Habe folgende Frage an der ich mich schwer tue, Welche Möglichkeiten bietet IBM's Betriebssystem "AIX" hinsichtlich der Ausbildung einer TCB-Umgebung? vielen Dank (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Invisibleye86
6 Replies

4. AIX

Enable send email through smtp - exchange on AIX 6.1

Please help, i can not to send email from AIX 6.1 to outside network through STMP - Exchange. Any one can help ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ichsan
1 Replies

5. AIX

Enable large filesize option in NFS mount in AIX 4.3

Hi All, I have a NFS mount filesystem, however it is not supporting a creation of filesize greater than 2 GB in it, how can i enable the option (bf = true) in it. The AIX version is 4.3.2 Thanks in Advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to enable command history in AIX 6

Hi Friends, I am using AIX 6 with ksh shell, i am not able to get the commands histroy which was used earlier by pressing up and down arrow keys. Could you please help me to enable the history for ksh shell in AIX 6 OS. Thanks in Advance. Siva Kumar. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumarl
3 Replies

7. AIX

Creating LPARS in AIX

Hi, I have a p520 with 2 cpus and 10gb of ram.Is it sufficient enough to create 2 lpars.What other things we have to check. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar52
2 Replies

8. AIX

Automation of AIX LPARs reboot

Hello Everyone, Can you please help me with the following questions regarding recycling LPARs. 1) Is it recommended to automate the reboot of AIX LPARs with a script ? i mean we've few App LPARs and Database LPARs. we would like to bring down LPARs on last sunday of every month for about 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies

9. AIX

Privacy enable on SNMPv3 AIX)

I have SNMPv3 working on our server but when viewed from the security software, it shows no privacy enabled AIX 7.1, TL1, snmp.crypto 6.1.2.0 installed, ran snmpv3_ssw -e Unsure what I have configured wrong. What is needed to show Privacy in AIX. I looked at a config on a Solaris box... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anrivera140
5 Replies

10. AIX

Changing VLAN on AIX lpars in the same subnet

Hi Guys, Our lpars is currently running on 2 different vlans (20, 30). Now we have a requirement that vlan 30 needs to be change to vlan 31 at the same subnet. I'm not sure on what is the best approach for this or what change is involve on the AIX side. This is our setup. Network switch -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaelu26
5 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)