Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script matching similar records Post 302865025 by kashik786 on Thursday 17th of October 2013 01:38:45 PM
Old 10-17-2013
ya I thought it will be a problem but any way I got some hint of using CONTAINS function oracle. Thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

update records in a file using shell script...

Hi, I have a file with 6 columns. First 3 columns together make unique record. I have a variable ($v) which hold a value that is obtained by a caliculaion. I have to replace value in 5th columnn with the value of the variable ($v). The value $v is caliculated from col4 and col6 values. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need shell script to read particular records from a file

i am reading an i/p file input.txt as below and want to read all filenames as in highlighted in bold below and put them in a different file output.txt. can someone help me with a shell script to do this? thanks in advance regards brad input.txt --------- START TYPE:OPT INIT_SEQ:01... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradc
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script similar to the command HEAD

hello please if anyone can help me make a shell script similar to the command HEAD and TAIL THANKS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BELLA86
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shell script in formatting the records.

I have a text file in the following format. can any one please help me in printing the output in userfriendly format mentioned below. Input. 1) /ss/abc/1/w/s/domainname/abc1/logname/ ########error################### ########error################### ########error###################... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinny81
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to return records which are not matching

file1 abcd efgh ijkl mnop file2 mnop qrst uvwx xyza file3 1234 4567 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivrsk
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Matching and reporting near-similar lines in a file

Hi, I have a file with the lines as below: C_10_A05_T7 C_10_A06_SP6 C_10_B05_SP6 C_10_B05_T7 C_10_B01_SP6 C_10_B01_T7 C_12_G07_SP6 C_12_G11_SP6 C_12_G11_T7 C_2_H18_T7 C_2_I02_SP6 C_2_I02_T7 C_2_I13_SP6 C_2_I17_SP6 The four segments of each line are connected by '_' symbols. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fahmida
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to print date and no.of records

hi all, i want script to print the output in the following format filename yyyy/mm/dd count where count= no.of records in the file Thanks in advance hemanthsaikumar (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Join all the lines matching similar pattern

I am trying to Join all the lines matching similar pattern. Example ; I wanted to join all the lines which has sam to a single line. In next line, i wanted to have all the lines with jones to a single line....etc > cat sample.txt sam 2012/11/23 sam 2012/12/5 sam 2012/12/5 jones... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evrurs
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete db records from shell script

Hello Mates, I would request your help in a shell script, simply I need to delete some matching db table records (rows) to ones in a given file: ------------------------------ #!/bin/bash SQL="delete from numberlist where msidn='';" MYSQL_USER="<your-user>"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to filter records in a zip file that contains matching columns from another file

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have two files. file1.zip, file2 Input: file1.zip col1, col2 , col3 a , b , 0:0:0:0:0:c436:9346:d40b x, y, 0:0:0:0:0:880:39f9:c9a7 m, n , 0:0:0:0:0:80c7:9161:fe00 file2.txt col1 c4:36:93:46:d4:0b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil.v
1 Replies
CHING(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching -- the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
ching [hexagram] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (e.g., ``It furthers one to have somewhere to go.'') while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life (``Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.'') When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes significant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff(1) for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD