Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Not able to increase ZFS file system on NGZ Post 302864957 by solaris_1977 on Thursday 17th of October 2013 11:35:28 AM
Old 10-17-2013
Yes I had set quota. But I think, I get the reason. I added emcpower56a instead of emcpower56c. I should have added third slice which is complete disk, instead of first partition. But now challenge is, how should I remove this disk. Can we remove disk from ZFS ? "zfs remove pool device" is not allowing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increase space in the solaris file system

How can I check how much space is left in the solaris file system? and how can I increase those space in the file system?. I am trying to install Oracle Database on Solaris 8.But, it keep giving me error message says that"There is not enough space on the volume you have specified". Thanks ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jung1975
1 Replies

2. Solaris

increase root file system size in solaris

Hi frnz, Need an urgent help... I have installed solaris 8 in a sunblade workstation with 136GB hdd. While installation it has taken a default filesystem size as 1.37GB for root. AFtr completing the installation i have extended the root partition to 130GB. But still df output shows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zfs file system

Hi, I try add a new file system: #zfs create dsk1/mqm it came back with: #cannot create 'dsk1/mqm': no such pool 'dsk1' what do I have to do? Kind regards Mehrdad (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

4. AIX

increase the size of file system

Hi all, we are usig aix 4.3 and i need to increase the size of "/u01" file sytem which is mounted on logical volume "lv00", but "/u01" file system size is 9 GB and logical volume "lvoo" size 9 GB.how do i increase the size of /u01.do i increase the size of logical volume "lv00" and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Increase root file system size ...

Hello Admins, I am running a redhat linux 5 on vmware workstation. I need to increase or add some more space to my root (/) partition. I don't have any LVM configured.. Please suggest. # df -kh Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda2 3.8G 3.1G ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies

6. Solaris

increase SWAP on ZFS file system

Hi All, I am using this commands to dynamically increase ZFS swap space on Solaris my question is: 1- after i make these commands it will permanent or it will remove after restart 2- how to make it permanent # swap -l swapfile dev swaplo bloques libre /dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/swap... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: osmanux
4 Replies

7. HP-UX

[Solved] Increase the file system size

Dear Friends, I would like to increase the size of a file system from 10GB to 15GB. System is runing on HP-UX 11.31. Please help in the matter. Regards, Bhagawati Pandey (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BPANDEY
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Procedure to increase file system

Hi, How/what is the procedure to increase file system in linux server ? Regards, Maddy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
6 Replies

9. AIX

100% full file system - error when trying to increase

Hi, I came across a situation where I had to increase a filesystem that was 100% full and received this error: /tmp:chfs -a size=+5000M /tmp 0516-634 lquerypv: /tmp directory does not have enough space, delete some files and try again. 0516-788 extendlv: Unable to extend logical... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to grow a zfs file system?

Hi I have the following file system, that needs to be expanded to more 500Gb, so a total of 1Tb: df -h /oradata1 Filesystem Size Used Available Capacity Mounted on oradata1 587G 517G 69G 89% /oradata1 I am not familiar with zfs, I am more... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
17 Replies
net_zoneidtonetid(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 				     net_zoneidtonetid(9F)

NAME
net_zoneidtonetid - map a zoneid_t struture identifier to a netid_t structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/neti.h> netid_t net_zoneidtonetid(const zoneid_t zone); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
zone valid zoneid_t structure that refers to a running zone. DESCRIPTION
The net_zoneidtonetid() function maps the given zoneid_t structure (used to represent a zone that is currently running) into a netid_t structure that is associated with the IP instance supporting network functions for that zone. RETURN VALUES
The net_zoneidtonetid() function returns -1 if no mapping took place. Otherwise, it returns the netid_t structure currently used by the zoneid_t structure. For zones that are using a shared IP instance, the netid_t structure for the instance owned by the global zone is returned. CONTEXT
The net_zoneidtonetid() function may be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
net_netidtozonid(9F), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 1 May 2008 net_zoneidtonetid(9F)