Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete files in group of directories Post 302864905 by CarloM on Thursday 17th of October 2013 10:21:06 AM
Old 10-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacsparrow
Why couldn't the for loop work, I wonder.
`/clu04/oracle/directory_list.lst` executes directory_list.lst, it doesn't list the file contents.

`< /clu04/oracle/directory_list.lst` (or cat) would work.

Last edited by CarloM; 10-17-2013 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: backtics for consistency
This User Gave Thanks to CarloM For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete pattern files in sub directories

Hello friends, I am compiling some set of SQL scripts in a set of sub directories demoed as below. After compiling log files are being created. Each and every time after compiling time I had to go subdir by subdir to delete the log files. I am sure there should be simple way to look for all log... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adurga
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A Batch job to delete files from various directories

Hi, I have a shell script to find files older than 'X' days ($2) in directory path ($1) and delete them. Like this: my_file_remover.sh /usr/home/c 90 Now, I need to modify this script and add it in CRON, so that it checks other directories also. Like: my_file_remover.sh /usr/home/c... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search directories for files with zero sizes to delete

Hi, I am trying to write a script that will use ls on a directory and list the files one at a time and their size. If the size is 0 i want it to ask me if I want to delete it (yes or no). If I say yes, I want it to delete but it won't know what the file name is just from running from the script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akeenabawa
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files from sub-directories over 7 days

Can any one please help me in deleting all the Files over 7 days from sub-directories A, B, C... Top-Directory Sub-Directory-A File-1 File-2 ..... File-n Sub-Directory-B File-1 File-2 ..... File-n Sub-Directory-C File-1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Find files older than 30 days in directories and delete them

Hi, I have dummies questions: My script here can find the files in any directories older than 30 days then it will delete the files but not the directories. I would like to also be able to delete the directories that hold old files more than 30 days not just the files itself. find . -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Find and delete empty files and directories

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Need to make a script, to remove all empty files and folders from current category. It also should show the name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Itixop
2 Replies

7. Linux

Default user:group permissions while creating files and directories

Hi, I am working on setup a environment where only a specific user can upload the builds on htdocs of apache. Now i want that a specific user can copy the builds on htdocs folder. I created a group "deploy" and assign user1 and user2 to this group. On Apache side i mentioned User=deploy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to go Into Directories and Find/Delete files

I have a task, I usually do manually, but with growing responsibilities I tend to forget to do this weekly, I want to write a script that automates this, but I cant seem to work it out in my head, I have the shell of it out, but need help, and you guys have helped me with EVERY problem I have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkelly1117
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete directories and files with xargs?

Hello, i have an dynamical apache_cache that I need to clean all days (older tant one day) with an unix command : find /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/apache_cache/ -name '*' -mtime +1 -print0|xargs -0 rm -r -- but it didn't work. Could you explain me why. So I will put below all my script :... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Delete Directories and its files that begin with the same character string

I wrote a shell script program that supposed to delete any directories and its files that begin with the same character string . The program is designed to delete directories and its files that are one day old or less and only the directories that begin with the same character string. The problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
1 Replies
IBDMCHK(1)						       IB DATA MODEL PACKAGE							IBDMCHK(1)

NAME
IBDM - Network Checker and Attributes Analyzer SYNOPSYS
ibdmchk has two operation modes: design and verification. DESIGN: ibdmchk [-v][-h][-u][-a <roots file>] -t <topology file> -n <SM Node> -p <SM Port> [-e] [-l <lmc>] VERIFICATION: ibdmchk [-v][-h][-r <roots file>] [-s <subnet file>] [-f <fdb file>] [-l <lmc>] DESIGN MODE DESCRIPTION
The Design mode is intended to be used before the cluster is built. It provides basic checks of the specified network as described by a topology file. After simulating the SM LID assignment and routing algorithms it provides reports of the (H)CA to (H)CA paths depth his- togram and credit deadlock potential in the resulting routing scheme. ARGUMENTS
: -t|--topo <topo file> The topology file specifying the network. See man ibdm-topology-file -n|--node <SM Node> The name of the Subnet Manager node (syntax: <Topo-File-System>/U1) -p|--port <SM Port> The port number by which the SM nodes is attached to the fabric. OPTIONS
-v|--verbose Verbsoe mode -h|--help Provides this help message -l|--lmc <lmc> LMC value > 0 means assigning 2^lmc lids to each port. -e|--enh Use enhanced routing algorithm when LMC > 0 and report the resulting paths correlation (using same system/node) histogram -u|--updn Use up/down routing algorithm instead of OpenSM min-hop. -r|--roots <roots file> A file with all the roots node names (one on each line). VERIFICATION MODE DESCRIPTION
After the cluster is built and OpenSM is run (using flag -D 0x43) it reports the subnet and FDB tables into the files osm-subnet.lst, osm.fdbs and osm.fdbs in /var/log/ (or subnet.lst, osm.fdbs and osm.mcfdbs into /tmp in older OpenSM versions). Based on these files the utility checks all CA to CA connectivity. Further analysis for credit deadlock potential is performed and reported. In case of an LMC > 0 it reports histograms for how many systems and nodes are common between the different paths for the same port pairs. ARGUMENTS
-l|--lmc <lmc> The LMC value used while running OpenSM. Mandatory if not the default 0. OPTIONS
-v|--verbose Verbsoe mode -h|--help Provides this help message -s|--subnet <file> OpenSM subnet.lst file (default is /var/log/osm-subnet.lst or /tmp/subnet.lst) -f|--fdb <file> OpenSM dump of Ucast LFDB. Use -D 0x41 to generate it (default is /var/log/osm.fdbs or /tmp/osm.fdbs). -m|--mcfdb <file> OpenSM dump of Multicast LFDB. Use -D 0x41 to generate it (default is /var/log/osm.mcfdbs or /tmp/osm.mcfdbs). -r|--roots <roots file> A file holding all root nodes guids (one per line). AUTHOR
Eitan Zahavi, Mellanox Technologies LTD, eitan@mellanox.co.il IBDM 1.0 2008-06-16 IBDMCHK(1)