Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to execute a batch file containing ftp commands?? Post 302864859 by Little on Thursday 17th of October 2013 09:01:57 AM
Old 10-17-2013
How to execute a batch file containing ftp commands??

hi,

is there a way i can execute a batch file containing ftp commands like we execute sftp batch file.

Code:
sftp -b batchfile user@server > output

how to create a batch file for ftp executing command and how to run the batch file from a shell script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Batch FTP Command file

Hello, I am a UNIX newbie and this is my first posting. I need to create a batch command file to ftp from Sun/Solaris to AS/400. Here is an example file: ftp -d -i -n -v 172.28.16.22 pwd ls binary quit This is the result of executing the command file: Connected to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pietro
10 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

batch file--bunch of commands

I have a batch file that takes 2 parameters--source file location and target file location. I want to create another batch file that contains all the commands with the file locations so that I dont have to enter the ifnromation every time individually. For eg: to execute command com1.bat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Execute All Commands in A contrl File

Hi , I have a situation i need to write a while loop until the end of control file.In the control file i have a 5 lines which contains commands.how can i execute all with out waiting for the first one to complete. Ex ControlFile: ScripitName Test ScriptName Test1 ScriptName Test2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukatru
1 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file to Get New Files Only through FTP

Hi there I want to create a batch file which Get (mget) the newly added Files only, from specific directory on UNIX server to local folder on windows server through FTP, and this batch file will be scheduled to run daily to load the new files. help me plz :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alsharq
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch file to Get New Files Only through FTP

Hi there I want to create a batch file which Get (mget) the newly added Files only from specific directory on UNIX server to specific folder on windows server using FTP, and this batch file will be scheduled on the windows server to run daily to load the new files (load the newly added files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alsharq
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute commands read from another file?

Please help with this simple example. I can not figure out how to do it. A file named “job” contains only this one line:var=5I need a script to read the job file and execute it as a command. This is my attempt (it does not work):#!/bin/sh exec < job echo "var = $var"output should read “var = 5”... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch file for sftp commands

I am trying to automate an sftp command so that it does not stop and ask for the password each time the calling shell script #!/bin/ksh sftp -b tst_1_batchfile.txt GLAXGBUPMPSOUT@204.90.134.116 the batchfile contents : password XXXXXX cd /GLAXGBUPMPSOUT/GSKENT/GLAXGF2FOPFF put... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shrabanti
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell: How to execute commands from another file?

I made a configuration file for my shell script in that all the values that the shell scipt needs, are defined, but I don't know how to let the shell script use those defined variables. Thank you for your help :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkali
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP batch file suddenly stopped working

Hello, we have a UNIX system the runs our business data. We have 4 users that use a particular batch command file to extract data for use in the Windows side of the fence: (despreg.bat) ftp ftp> open danapak (database name) connected to danapak ftp> user ccsb password ccsb ftp>... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick_Dundee
29 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Sftp batch file not able to execute

I have a windows batch file to connect from Server A (Windows) to Server B (UNIX) via sftp to get a file. The script is as below: sftpg3 -oStrictHostKeyChecking=no -oIdentityFile=EAPIINSTADM_hostnameA ftpeapsg@hostnameB lcd D:\APPBASE\EAPSG\GEMSSG get GENUOBGW1 /sftp/ftphrssg/HRSSG/EAPSG exit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: userguy
5 Replies
ipsec_config_batch(1M)													    ipsec_config_batch(1M)

NAME
ipsec_config_batch - allow for processing of IPsec config operations in a single batch file SYNOPSIS
batch_file_name profile_file] DESCRIPTION
The command allows you to specify multiple and operations in a single batch file for processing. HP-UX IPSec processes the operations in a batch file as a group. This mode is useful if you are adding or deleting configuration records that may affect other records. If one operation is invalid, all operations in the batch file fail. The utility first verifies each operation in the batch file for syntax errors and collisions (object names and priority values) with existing entries in the configuration database. If all operations in the batch file are valid, the HP-UX IPSec infrastructure updates the configuration database with all operations at the same time. If HP-UX IPSec is active and running, the HP-UX IPSec infrastructure also updates the runtime policy database. Options and Operands The batch operation recognizes the following options and operands: batch_file_name The name of the batch file containing and operations. A batch file cannot contain operations that operate on the following objects: For example, the operation is illegal in a batch file. In addition, a batch file cannot contain the following commands: o does not allow recursive batch files) or commands. o o Lines starting with a pound sign are interpreted as comments. Comment lines within an operation are not allowed. Maximum length: 1023 characters. Default: None. The utility verifies the and operations, but does not add or delete entries in the configuration database. This option applies to all operations in the batch file. Individual operations in the batch file cannot specify the option. Specifies the name of the profile file containing default argument values for this policy. The argument values are evaluated once, when the policy is added to the configuration database. Val- ues used from the profile file become part of the configuration record for the policy. This argument applies to all operations in the batch file. Individual operations in the batch file cannot specify the profile argument. Maximum length: 1023 characters. Default: EXAMPLES
The file contains the following entries: AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
configuration database. default profile file. SEE ALSO
ipsec_admin(1M), ipsec_config(1M), ipsec_config_add(1M), ipsec_config_delete(1M), ipsec_config_export(1M), ipsec_config_show(1M), ipsec_migrate(1M), ipsec_policy(1M), ipsec_report(1M). HP-UX IPSec Software Required ipsec_config_batch(1M)