Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script Entry to block 9 characters userid Post 302864781 by manalisharmabe on Thursday 17th of October 2013 06:25:33 AM
Old 10-17-2013
I mean

Code:
sudo /opt/local/bin/new-user 114 ranivarm "Rani Varma(Libo Technical User)" INC00001111

should work

and this

Code:
sudo /opt/local/bin/new-user 114 ranivarma "Rani Varma(Libo Technical User)" INC00001111

should through error message as can not create userid as it has 9 characters ranivarma.

block means should throw an error message and userid should not be created.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for data entry

Hello everyone. I just registered like 17 minutes ago and am new to UNIX/Linux. I work in a small department of an animation company that does compositing tricks to fix movie frames. After our work is completed we are tasked with creating a text log that has information on what work we had... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndrewP
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find systems logged in with a particular userid

Hello All, I need to design a script to get all the systems names(IP Addresses) logged in with a particular userid say 'xyz' from different terminals. This is to track the use of the particular userid and take action if it is being misused. The script would accomplish the following steps: 1.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How do I configure sendmail to block all OUTGOING mail FROM one userid TO the world?

Hello, ENVIRONMENT: OS: Solaris 10 Sendmail: 8.13.8+Sun BACKGROUND: We had a user account that was compromised and was used as a relay. She sent out (or would have if we didn't kill sendmail) ~10K emails alerting people they just won $75K. The target for this spam was everyone internal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avikb
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP automation with special characters in userid

Hi, i am trying to automate an ftp script which is as below.But my user id has special characters(aaa\$ifg). So it is not working correctly.Can anyone help on this?I tried providing both of them in double & singe quoted. But somehow it is not picking the "\". Also tried keeping \ before the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeroticman
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mapping userid to an email in script

i have about 20 different users submitting a web form that executes a unix script in the background that sets EXECUTIONUSER to their unix id. i would like to use $EXECUTIONUSER to set their email address as EMAILADDR. of course their unix id does not match their email name either. for example: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic su password entry script

Before I start, two things. 1) Yes I know it's bad practice and obomination to all things holy, but I'm not a sys admin at JP Morgan, I'm a hobbyist tooling about in a VM, in my pants, at home. 2) If you are just going to flame for even considering hardcoding a root password, thanks, I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 3therk1ll
2 Replies

7. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to call another script based on second column entry

Hi I have a text file (Input.txt) with two column entries separated by tab as given below: aaa str1 bbb str2 cccccc str3 dddd str4 eee str3 ssss str2 sdf str3 hhh str1 fff str2 ccc str3 ..... ..... ..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cron entry to pass the value to script

0 I have a script(main.sh) which calls another script(Get_Files.sh) and gets a value in a variable like the below: File_to_Refresh="$(sh /Aug/work/Get_Files.sh /Aug/Work/Universal_File.txt)" Now I have to schedule the script main.sh for 3 different files i.e. the Universal_File.txt with 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhartiya007
2 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)