Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace newline in a string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace newline in a string Post 302864709 by Pratik4891 on Thursday 17th of October 2013 04:46:08 AM
Old 10-17-2013
Thanks greet_sed for your constant support however I am getting the below error and I have chaged record separator as pipe

sed: The label :a;N;$!ba;s/\n/ /g;s/f0\\fs16/f0\\fs20/g;s/\(.*\)}/\1\n}/; is greater than eight characters.

You are correct about my requirement

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a newline (\n)

dear all: maybe i have a file like : 12 34 56 78 end how do write can i replace newline into NA : make the file inte : 12 NA 34 NA 56 78 END (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeter
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with newline

Hi, for some reason I cant seem to figure this out. I have a file which looks something like this word word word word word,word,word word word word,word,word,word,word word word Basically I want this whole thing to be a list with 1 word on each line like this... word word word... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eltinator
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace string with a newline string

Hi, I wanted to replace these lines in vi editor: input-- uid=ESVPEME | eriMasterDomain=EAMCS | eriCountry=El | ou=ESV uid=EPYCAR | eriMasterDomain=EAMCS | eriCountry=Argentina | ou=CEA uid=ERCFGA | eriMasterDomain=EAMCS | eriCountry=Costa | ou=ERC uid=EDGLUCU | eriMasterDomain=EAMCS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a string with newline

Hi all I have the problem to substitute a string with newline in Perl. Can anybody help me? And also how to replace a string with opening bracket (e.g. (START ) with a whitespace/null character? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replace text string with a newline

I want to replace a text string with a newline. I have a long text file of random characters. I want to replace all the occurences of "pe" with a newline. How can I do that in Unix? There's a thread from 2004 saying that you can do something like this with sed by actually pressing the return... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aaronpoley
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed matching <tag1> newline spaces <tag2> and replace the value in the same string format

Hi, I'm very new to shell scripting and have searched google and this forum for quite some time now. I have the following in my xml file: <recipients> <member>value1</member> </recipients> I need to find a string <recipients> that follows with a new-line and bunch of spaces and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgharios
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace >< with > newline <

Hi All, I have the command in PERL for performing this, but Can you please suggest me how can i perform this using AWK: My input xml file looks like this: <aaa>hello</aaa><bbb>hai</bbb> I want the output like this ( means need new line after end of each xml tag): <aaa>hello</aaa>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HemaV
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace newline with comma.

I have output from a file like this: 15,01,11,14:06 235 I would like to change this to: 15,01,11,14:06,235 Removing newline and change to "," I now this can be done with tr cat OUT | tr '\n' ','' My problem is that tr is not implemented in this shell. sed is, show it should be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace String With Newline

Hi, I'm struggling with a string replacement. I have an XML file which is in the following layout <FUNCTION> <PRODUCTS> <PRODUCT CODE="PRODUCE" ACTION="amend" VALIDATE="no"> <SUPPLIER PRODUCT="PRODUCT" ACTION="amend" CODE="SUPPLIER"> <STOCK_QUANTITY DATA="21"/> ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ste_Moore01
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace string including newline

Hi, I am trying to do some transformation on a large file and I am getting some troubles trying remove newlines only when the last character of a line is a symbol (in this case is a pipe "|"). I have tried with sed like this: sed -i 's/|\n/|/g' my_file or sed -i 's/|$/|/gg' my_file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngb
5 Replies
PERF-MEM(1)							    perf Manual 						       PERF-MEM(1)

NAME
perf-mem - Profile memory accesses SYNOPSIS
perf mem [<options>] (record [<command>] | report) DESCRIPTION
"perf mem -t <TYPE> record" runs a command and gathers memory operation data from it, into perf.data. Perf record options are accepted and are passed through. "perf mem -t <TYPE> report" displays the result. It invokes perf report with the right set of options to display a memory access profile. OPTIONS
<command>... Any command you can specify in a shell. -t, --type= Select the memory operation type: load or store (default: load) -D, --dump-raw-samples= Dump the raw decoded samples on the screen in a format that is easy to parse with one sample per line. -x, --field-separator Specify the field separator used when dump raw samples (-D option). By default, The separator is the space character. -C, --cpu-list Restrict dump of raw samples to those provided via this option. Note that the same option can be passed in record mode. It will be interpreted the same way as perf record. SEE ALSO
perf-record(1), perf-report(1) perf 06/30/2014 PERF-MEM(1)