Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Editing your post
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Editing your post Post 302864601 by newbie_01 on Wednesday 16th of October 2013 08:36:07 PM
Old 10-16-2013
Thanks Scott

I didn't scroll far enough to the right as using the Treestyle Firefox Add-ons, how embarrassing.

BTW, is it possible to write a draft post?

Last edited by newbie_01; 10-17-2013 at 12:11 AM.. Reason: Add additional

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Editing a post doesn't work. Generates Errors.

Editing a post doesn't work. Generates Errors. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daJabberwocky
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file editing

hi experts, please help me in writting the script.. i have two files file1 and file 2 i have to write a script which will take input parameters as file1 and file2 file1: ...... 1 2 3 4 file2: ..... 1 2 output (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on vi editing

If I have a text file which I am editing with vi and I perform the following editing. :1,$s/\<green\>/blue/g Later I decide to replace all ocurance of blue to red, then instead of writing the above editing line is there a way to recall it and work on it, instead of repeating the entire editing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing headers

Hi, I have a folder that contains many (multiple) files 1.fasta 2.fasta 3.fasta 4.fasta 5.fasta . . 100's of files Each such file have data in the following format for example: vi 1.fasta >AB_1 200bp MLKKPIIIGVTGGSGGGKTSVSRAILDSFPNARIAMIQHDSYYKDQSHMSFEERVKTNYDHPLAFDTDFM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Help with deleting post, apologies about the earlier post.

Apologies about the earlier post, i didnt realise, could i delete that post? I apologise again, SynGc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SynGc
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert vi editing to text editing

Dear Guru's I'm using Putty and want to edit a file. I know we generally use vi editor to do it. As I'm not good in using vi editor, I want to convert the vi into something like text pad. Is there any option in Putty to do the same ? Thanks for your response. Srini (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thummi9090
6 Replies
scroll(3NCURSES)														  scroll(3NCURSES)

NAME
scroll, scrl, wscrl - scroll a curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scroll(WINDOW *win); int scrl(int n); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); DESCRIPTION
The scroll routine scrolls the window up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimization, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen may be scrolled at the same time. For positive n, the scrl and wscrl routines scroll the window up n lines (line i+n becomes i); otherwise scroll the window down n lines. This involves moving the lines in the window character image structure. The current cursor position is not changed. For these functions to work, scrolling must be enabled via scrollok. RETURN VALUE
These routines return ERR upon failure, and OK (SVr4 only specifies "an integer value other than ERR") upon successful completion. X/Open defines no error conditions. This implementation returns an error if the window pointer is null, or if scrolling is not enabled in the window, e.g., with scrollok. NOTES
Note that scrl and scroll may be macros. The SVr4 documentation says that the optimization of physically scrolling immediately if the scroll region is the entire screen "is" per- formed, not "may be" performed. This implementation deliberately does not guarantee that this will occur, to leave open the possibility of smarter optimization of multiple scroll actions on the next update. Neither the SVr4 nor the XSI documentation specify whether the current attribute or current color-pair of blanks generated by the scroll function is zeroed. Under this implementation it is. PORTABILITY
The XSI Curses standard, Issue 4 describes these functions. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), outopts(3NCURSES) scroll(3NCURSES)