Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SFTP Resticting Only Uploading Of A File Post 302864521 by jgt on Wednesday 16th of October 2013 04:12:15 PM
Old 10-16-2013
Should you not change the owner of the public directory to root. and set the sticky bit.
As it is now, a sftp user can delete the entire directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uploading a flat file into the database.

I want to upload a text file into the database. what is the command for that? Thanks in Advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balkrishna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

uploading directories via SFTP

Hello All, Is there a way to upload whole directories to a machine using sftp (scp is not an option)? I have to use sftp because the machine that I am connecting to only has SFTP abilities (uploading from a linux box to a windows box). Currently I am automating a copy however right now I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mab623
2 Replies

3. Linux

resticting user to login using putty on port 21(ftp)

Hi, I am having small query and wheather it is possible ? that user can transfer the files using ftp client examples (filezilla) , but he can not use putty to login using ftp and run the commands, Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Issue With File Permissions while uploading

one of the business users is ftping files into unix box using user name ftp_user, where as i am using infa_user to login into same unix box. When i am trying to access those or copy over those files from upload directory it says permission denied. Though i know the password of ftp_user to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help uploading directories with SFTP

Hi, I am a newbie and not really familiar with commands, I have searched the forum, but there was only one thread. That thread suggested compressing it and then decompressing it. So I am wondering, what format do I compress it to, and how do I decompress it once I uploaded it from within SFTP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greetea
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in uploading file using sftp

Hi I'm using this script to upload a file from local system to sftp server. But in the log file i'm getting an error "Error during upload" Can you please help me out ... ### CONFIGURATION LOCAL_DIR=/abc/out FILE_MASK="File*.txt" LOG_DIR=/abc/error/File_`date "+%Y%m%d%H%M%S"`.LOG... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaychandra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uploading a file in ftp by culr?

I have ftp url, username and passwd. My file is named app.log. How do I upload this to my ftp server??? I read the manual but I didn't understand much...:cool: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell: uploading file from UNIX server to sharepoint server

Is it possible to upload a file from unix server to sharepoint server through shell or perl scripting. I have the sharepoint link where it needs to be uploaded. Could you please share your views on this ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl , uploading empty file.

Hi The below script used to work fine. Suddenly it's uploading empty file. I am very new to perl. Please help me to find out the problem. #!/usr/bin/perl #script: upload.pl use CGI qw/:standard/; print header, start_html('File upload'); print_form(); print_results() if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uploading using sftp file1 copied to file2

Hi All, i am using hp-ux server and doing mput command for uploading the multiple files. below is the code sftp hfjr@usilehrttlsd01.com cd /home/sftp_dir mput kk1 kk2 i am getting Uploading kk1 to /home/sftp_dir/kk2. problem is i am getting kk2 file only not kk1 file. when i am... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
13 Replies
gesftpserver(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   gesftpserver(8)

NAME
gesftpserver - Green End SFTP Server SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/gesftpserver [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
gesftpserver implements the SFTP protocol. It is normally run as an SSH subsystem but can be run in other contexts if necessary. CONFIGURING OPENSSH
By default, OpenSSH will use its native SFTP server in response to requests for the SFTP subsystem. To use gesftpserver instead, add a suitable Subsystem command to sshd_config (and remove the existing one if present). For example: Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/gesftpserver IMPLEMENTATION DETAILS
gesftpserver supports up to version 6 of the SFTP protocol and the following extensions: newline Reports the server's newline convention to the client. space-available Equivalent to df(1). supported v5 capability details supported2 v6 capability details text-seek Used for resuming text file downloads. vendor-id Reports server name and version to client. gesftpserver reports a vendor of "Green End" and a server name of "Green End SFTP Server". versions Lists available versions. version-select Select version. posix-rename@openssh.org Provides POSIX rename semantics even in pre-v5 SFTP. SEE ALSO
sshd_config(5) gesftpserver(8)