Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Make directories containing subdirs using mkdir Post 302864493 by CarloM on Wednesday 16th of October 2013 03:06:28 PM
Old 10-16-2013
mkdir -p home/student will create home (if it doesn't already exist) and home/student under the current directory (note the lack of leading slash - otherwise you're specifying an absolute path).
This User Gave Thanks to CarloM For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make 150 directories

Hi, I look for a script to create 150 directories : d000 d001 d002 ... ... d149 would you help me please ? I think it would be for i mkdir d$i Many thanks. PS : #uname -a AIX fserver 3 5 0050691A4C00 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for shell script for listing directories, subdirs containing specific files.

I'm looking for a script which outputs the list of directories and sub directories from root level consisting of specific files. For instance I want shell script to list all the directories and subdirectories containing .txt files.:wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: super210
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy directories in make file

LD:=C:/WindRiver/diab/5.9.3.0/WIN32/bin/dld.exe CFILES:=$(wildcard *.c) OBJFILES:=$(subst .c,.o, $(CFILES)) OBJ_PATH:=$(PRJ_PATH)/out/ ADDOBJFILES := $(addprefix $(OBJ_PATH),$(OBJFILES)) FILES:=C:/EB/tresos/workspace/Test_Spi/output/src copyfiles: cp ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ushacy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy of "How to create a long list of directories with mkdir?"

To bakunin and corona688: My result when text in file is ms_ww_546 ms_rrL_99999 ms_nnn_67_756675 is https://www.unix.com/C:\Users\Fejoz\Desktop\ttt.jpg I hope you can see the picture. There is like a "whitespace character" after 2 of the 3 created directories. ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: setub
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a long list of directories with mkdir?

Hi... Thanks to read this... I want to use mkdir to create many directories listed in a text file, let's say. How do I do this? Sorry for this maybe very basic question :) (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: setub
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching between directories and mkdir/copy dir/file

I was trying to copy the files inside the path /home/user/check/Q1/dir/folder1/expected/n/a1.out1 and a1.out2 and a1.out3 to /home/user/check/Q2/dir/folder1/expected/n/ if n directory is not present at Q2/dir/folder1/expected/ then directory should be created first. And, script follow the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make faster loop in multiple directories?

Hello, I am under Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic. I have one shell script run.sh (which is out of my topic) to run files under multiple directories and one file to control all processes running under those directories (control.sh). I set a cronjob task to check each of them with two minutes of intervals.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
3 Replies

8. Programming

Makefile instructions to create directories (CentOS7 , GNU Make 3.82)

Hello, My makefiles are set up to generate an environment specific build directory based on the local configuration and some values passed to make. It generally looks like, # compilers, may be passed to make CC++ = g++ FCOMP = gfortran # version of program, may be passed to make ver =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)