Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read parameter file for a shell script Post 302864123 by ctsgnb on Wednesday 16th of October 2013 03:25:20 AM
Old 10-16-2013
Could you show us the contend of parameter_file ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter file for a shell script

Hi I was able to pass parameters to a shell script from the command line but now, I am trying to make the shell script to get those parameters/values from a file. Please give me ideas how to do this or if you have an example or website that shows how to do this. I tried searches but it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file as script parameter

I have a file with userIDs, one per line no spaces. I have a script that accepts userIDs as a parameter and outputs information about them. What I have had to do in the past was to modify each line of the file with userIDs to call the script with the userID and pipe the output to a data file. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmaxx
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter from one file to shell script

Hi All, I have a 2 files. File1 i am generating using an ETL tool, which is a comman seperated delimited file which contains country code & load date. everytime, this country code will be updated from a table. It might be AB or BA & ld_date will be for which date we need to load the file. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read parameter file in a shell script to unload a DB2 Table???

Hi , I Have following requirement: DB2 Sql query to pass from a parameter file for example, I would create a parameter file with (SELECT column 1, column 2 FROM Table name) then job would read it and create a file with the contents named table.txt How to write/modify below ksh script to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: developer.dwh9
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write CLOB parameter in a file or XML using shell script?

I executed a oracle stored procedure using shell script. How can i get the OUT parameter of the procedure(CLOB) and write it in a file or XML in UNIX environment using shell script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a directory as parameter in shell script?

Hi All, I have written a shell script to compile an oracle R12 form and also a procedure is called from it. The procedure registers the form, function and creates a menu entry. I took directory as a parameter. Code is as below: #!/bin/ksh echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veena484
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass the parameter in xml file in UNIX shell script?

Hi, I have an XML file like the following... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ONDEMAND_JOB VERSION="5.1" LOCALE="en_US"> <IMPORT_JOBSET TC_CONNECTION_NAME="default" ENVIRONMENT="PRD" USERNAME="Administrator" PASSWORD="AdminPassword" CALENDAR="Main Monthly Calendar"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Debalina Roy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass the parameter in xml file in UNIX shell script?

Hi, I have an XML file like the following... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <ONDEMAND_JOB VERSION="5.1" LOCALE="en_US"> <IMPORT_JOBSET TC_CONNECTION_NAME="default" ENVIRONMENT="PRD" USERNAME="Administrator" PASSWORD="AdminPassword" CALENDAR="Main Monthly Calendar"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Debalina Roy
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need list of input and output parameter of task in a text file, using shell script

//file begin ===== //some code task abcd_; input x; input y,z; //some comment output w; //some comment reg p; integer q; begin //some code end endtask : abcd_ //some code //file end ===== expected output from above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rishifrnds
1 Replies
SHUNIT2(1)																SHUNIT2(1)

NAME
shunit2 - A unit test framework for shell scripts SYNOPSIS
shunit2 unitfile DESCRIPTION
shUnit2 is a xUnit unit test framework for Bourne based shell scripts, and it is designed to work in a similar manner to JUnit, PyUnit, etc.. If you have ever had the desire to write a unit test for a shell script, shUnit2 can do the job. You can either run shunit2 directly from the commandline and specify the unit file or directly source the shunit2 executable. If you directly execute shunit2 and don't specify a unitfile shunit2 assumes a empty testfile and will return without an error message. EXAMPLE
Simple script to test if 1 equals 1 #! /bin/sh testEquality() { assertEquals 1 1 } # load shunit2 . shunit2 Execute shUnit2 unit tests directly from the commandline shunit2 /path/to/unit/file OPTIONS
shunit2 does not support any commandline options at all. You can either source shunit2 to execute your unit tests or directly run shunit2 as a commandline script. SEE ALSO
For more information see http://code.google.com/p/shunit2/ or have a look at the installed documentation in /usr/share/doc/shunit2/ AUTHOR
shunit2 was written by Kate Ward <kate.ward@forestent.com>. This manpage was written by Ulrich Dangel <mru@spamt.net>. 2.1.6 03/25/2012 SHUNIT2(1)