Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looping in case of duplicates Post 302863905 by alister on Tuesday 15th of October 2013 11:58:27 AM
Old 10-15-2013
How many records (lines) in a typical datalins1.dat file? Are they actually as small as your sample (12 lines)? Or are they much larger?

Regards,
Alister

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

3. SCO

Avoiding duplicates with some special case

Hi Gurus, I had a question regarding avoiding duplicates.i have a file abc.txt abc.txt ------- READER_1_1_1> HIER_28056 XML Reader: Error occurred while parsing:; line number ; column number READER_1_3_1> Sun Mar 23 23:52:48 2008 READER_1_3_1> HIER_28056 XML Reader: Error occurred while... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

data array needs to change upper case to lower case

Hi all, i have a data array as followes. ARRAY=DFSG345GGG ARRAY=234FDFG090 ARRAY=VDFVGBGHH so on.......... i need all english letters to be change to lower case. So i am expecting to see ARRAY=dfsg345ggg ARRAY=234fdfg090 ARRAY=vdfvgbghh so on........ If i have to copy this data in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute

Hi I want to make string substitution ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute. Ex changing all occurences of "original" in a file to "substitute": original becomes substitute Origninal becomes Substitute ORIGINAL becomes SUBSTITUTE I know this a little special but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmchen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion from Upper Case to Lower Case Condition based

Hello Unix Gurus : It would be really appreciative if can find a solution for this . I have records in a file . I need to Capitalize the records based on condition . For Example i tried the following Command COMMAND --> fgrep "2000YUYU" /export/home/oracle/TST/data.dat | tr '' ''... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple looping with case and funtion showing error, Please help

Hello All, I have code as follows :- while true do {opening a case1 statement} 1) {opening another case2 statement} {closing case 2} 2) Showing error for "2)" as Syntax error at line 59 : `)' is not expected. *) {closing case 1} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping in case of duplicates ...

complinagetest () #function name { if ;then rm complins.dat fi touch complins.dat i=0 while read line do if ; then va=`grep -w "$line" datalins1.dat | awk BEGIN'{FS="\`~"}{if ( $3=="'$line'" ) {print $4}}'` i=$(($i+1)) varits=$(echo $va|awk -v varif="$i" '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpaul01
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change first letter of a word from lower case to upper case

Hi all, I am trying to find a way to change first letter in a word from lower case to upper case. It should be done for each first word in text or in paragraph, and also for each word after punctuation like . ; : ! ?I found the following command sed -i 's/\s*./\U&\E/g' $@ filenamebut... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
7 Replies
package-cleanup(1)														package-cleanup(1)

NAME
package-cleanup - clean up locally installed, duplicate, or orphaned packages SYNOPSIS
package-cleanup [options] <item ...> DESCRIPTION
package-cleanup is a program for cleaning up the locally-installed RPMs. GENERAL OPTIONS
-c <config file> Use alternative config file (default is /etc/yum.conf). -h, --help Help; display a help message and then quit. -q, --quiet Print out nothing unnecessary. -v, --version Report program version and exit. -y Agree to anything asked. --leaves List leaf nodes in the local RPM database. Leaf nodes are RPMs that are not relied upon by any other RPM. --orphans List installed packages which are not available from currently configured repositories. This is identical to "yum list extras", which may provide better output. --oldkernels Remove old kernel and kernel-devel packages. --problems List dependency problems in the local RPM database. If any problems are found it will exit with an exit code of 1. --dupes Scan for duplicates in the local RPM database. --cleandupes Scan for duplicates in the local RPM database and clean out the older versions. --count <COUNT> Number of duplicate/kernel packages to keep on the system (default 2) LEAVES OPTIONS
--all When listing leaf nodes also list leaf nodes that are not libraries. --leaf-regex A package name that matches this regular expression will be considered a leaf. --exclude-devel When listing leaf nodes do not list development packages. --exclude-bin When listing leaf nodes do not list packages with files in bin directories. OLDKERNELS OPTIONS
--keepdevel Do not remove kernel-devel packages when removing kernels EXAMPLES
List all dependency problems: package-cleanup --problems List all packages that are not in any Yum repository: package-cleanup --orphans Remove old kernels keeping 3 and leaving old kernel-devel packages installed: package-cleanup --oldkernels --count=3 --keepdevel List all leaf packages with no files in a bin directory whose name begins with either 'perl' or 'python': package-cleanup --leaves --exclude-bin --leaf-regex="^(perl)|(python)" FILES
As package-cleanup uses YUM libraries for retrieving all the information, it relies on YUM configuration for its default values like which repositories to use. Consult YUM documentation for details: /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ /var/cache/yum/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. Gijs Hollestelle 03 November 2005 package-cleanup(1)