Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Merge .lo into .so
Top Forums Programming Merge .lo into .so Post 302863845 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 15th of October 2013 08:28:30 AM
Old 10-15-2013
Sounds like it stopped after it ran libtool with
Code:
--mode=compile mode

. See if you can run libtool again with
Code:
--mode=link

to produce .a and .so libraries.

libtool is a wrapper for gcc, ln, ar, and ranlib. libtool runs gcc adding the
necessary options to ensure that your static and shared libraries are created
correctly.

libtool inserts the -fPIC tag to ensure the necessary generation of position
independent code. If you created any .o files these are normal object files
that can be archived (ar) into a static .a file. .lo files are fPIC object files
which can now be linked into an .so file.

You got these intermediate files because of failed permissions on /usr/lib.
You will have to use libtool to do a final link - .lo files are special to libtool only.
Not much else can deal with 'em.

Please read examples on linking .lo -> .so:

Libtool
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge files

Hi, i have the files f1 and f2 like: files f1: c1 a1 c2 a2 c3 a3 file f2: c1 b1 c2 b2 c3 b3 i want merge the f1 and f2 file to f3 file like: c1 a1 b1 c2 a2 b3 c3 a3 b3........ .... . . please help me onthis..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail merge

dear friends plese give me full shell script for mail merge facilityu. i.e. to create a letter file i.e to create data file and report maile merge using shell scripitng. when run the programme ask for fields and store in a file and from another program when run that mail merge file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvvsnm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to merge these two files?

I have two files, each of them has 12 lines, fileA has 3 columns, fileB has 1 column, like the following FileA a 1 b 2 c 3 ..blabla FileB A B C ..blabla Now I am trying to put the content of fileB as column 3 of fileA, e.g. a 1 A b 2 B c 3 C (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two lines

Hi I have two lines of data formatted as displayed below shop, price, remark, date a,#N/A,order to -fd, 20091011 and would like it to be shop:a price:#N/A remark:order to -fd date:20091011 How can I do it? Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge all commands into one

how can i merge follwoing process to one... tail +5 rawdata_AAA_1.txt_$$ | grep -v "^$" >> rawdata_AAA_2.txt_$$ For discarding first 5 rows and deleting null rows awk '!/^ /{if(a) print a; a=$0}/^ /{print a}' rawdata_AAA_2.txt >> rawdata_AAA_3.txt For merging record if it split into 2 rows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge lines

Hi guys in input every 1st line 1st ID value located in 2nd line 1st occurrence . I need to print them down accordingly.. Thanx in advance input rs1040480_XXXXX.value rs1040481_YYYYY.value rs1040482_TXXXX.value 0.7408157 0.3410044 0.7408157 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stateperl
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i merge these two files into several...

Given are File A and File B File A has for example 5 lines: AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE File B has 3 lines: 111 222 333 How can i merge A and B into: 111 222 333 AAA (first line from A) then a new file: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y-T
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge files

Hi, I would like to know how can I merge files based on their coordinates, but mantaining the score of each file in the output file like: Note: 1st column is for chromosome, 2nd for start, 3rd for end of segment, 4th for score file1: 1 200 300 20 1 400 500 30 file2: 1 200 350 30 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fadista
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge Lines

Hello I have an input as below this is test we are( ) one end of description I am looking for output this is test we are () one end of description (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomlight
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge two files?

Dear Frens, I have two files and need to merge into one file. Like File_1: Field1 Field2 1 4 File_2: Field1 Field2 3 5 I need one single output as File_1: Field1 Field2 1 4 3 5 This means taking header from either file. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manisha_singh
8 Replies
APT-BUILD(1)						      General Commands Manual						      APT-BUILD(1)

NAME
apt-build - Fetch sources and build packages optimized for your architecture. SYNOPSIS
apt-build [ options ] [ update ] [ upgrade ] [ world ] [ install pkg ] [ remove pkg ] [ info pkg ] DESCRIPTION
apt-build is an apt-get frontend to build and install architecture optimized packages. COMMANDS
update Retrieve new lists of packages upgrade Perform an upgrade world Rebuild your system install Build and install new packages source Download and extract source in the build directory info Info on a package which could be built remove Remove packages clean-build Erase built packages clean-sources Call debian/rules clean in source directories build-source Build source without installing them update-source Update sources and rebuild them if they are missing in the repository build-repository Rebuild the repository OPTIONS
--help Shows help --nowrapper Do not use the gcc wrapper --remove-builddep Remove build-dependencies installed by apt-build --no-source Don't download source --build-dir Specify build-dir --build-only Build package only --rebuild Rebuild a package --reinstall Build and install an already installed package --build-command <command> Use this command to build package --patch <file> Apply this patch before build (you can use this option one or several times) --patch-strip, -p <number> Prefix to strip on patch (0 = -p0, 1 = -p1 ...) --yes, -y Assume yes --purge Use purge instead of remove --noupdate Do not run 'apt-get update' before package installation --sources-list Specify sources.list file --apt-get Specify an alternative apt-get command --apt-cache Specify an alternative apt-cache command --force-yes Force yes --source Do not download source (sources are extracted already) --repository-dir Specify the repository directory --target-release Distribution to fetch packages from --config Specify an alternative configuration file --version, -v Show version BUGS
Many. AUTHOR
apt-build was written by Julien Danjou <acid@debian.org> with many contributors. 3rd Berkeley Distribution November 2003 APT-BUILD(1)