Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scp files from subdirectories only. Post 302863747 by jimbojames on Tuesday 15th of October 2013 04:56:27 AM
Old 10-15-2013
Thanks for your help hergp, that is exactly what I needed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching files within subdirectories

I need to concatenate files that are inside a directory and subdirectories. Those files end with .c Can anyone help me I am using comand 9find) and (cat) but they don't work together.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalvarez
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy certain files from subdirectories

Hi all, I'd very grateful for some help with the following. I have a variable number of subdirectories each of which contain a uniquely names results file of the form Results*.dat. I would like to search through all subdirectories and copy out these results file to another directory so that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iomaire
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing all files in all subdirectories

From the main directory, I have multiple layers of subdirectories and imbedded files (jpg's) that I would like to have a quiklook. Is there a way of listing out the contents of all of the subdirectories and files with a one-line command? Thx... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuciauskas
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing subdirectories and files

hi, i want to display all subdirectory files with directory name. I am using ls -Rl this will gives only filenames with long listing. But i want the filename padded with directory name. example : -rw-r--r-- 1 sidfor sigbd 1713 May 24 09:33... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read files from subdirectories

hello there the problem i got: i need to list .rrd files in each sub-directory from the parent directory, then create .xml files for each rrd files, the xml file should be in the same subdirectoryas rrd file. i have tried ls |awk '{print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: binbintriangel
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list the files but exclude the files in subdirectories

If I execute the command "ls -l /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/* | awk -F' ' '{print $9}' | cut -d'/' -f6-8" it will list all the files in /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/ directory as well as the files in subdirectories also proj/code/test.sh proj/code/test1.c proj/code/unix... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyjuezy
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip all the files with subdirectories present and append a part of string from the main .zip files

Hi frnds, My requirement is I have a zip file with name say eg: test_ABC_UH_ccde2a_awdeaea_20150422.zip within that there are subdirectories on each directory we again have .zip files and in that we have files like mama20150422.gz and so on. Iam in need of a bash script so that it unzips... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
XkbResizeKeyActions(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					    XkbResizeKeyActions(3)

NAME
XkbResizeKeyActions - Change the number of actions bound to a key SYNOPSIS
XkbAction * XkbResizeKeyActions (XkbDescRec *xkb, int key, int needed); ARGUMENTS
- xkb keyboard description to change - key keycode of key to change - needed new number of actions required DESCRIPTION
The xkb parameter points to the keyboard description containing the key whose number of actions is to be changed. The key parameter is the keycode of the key to change, and needed specifies the new number of actions required for the key. XkbResizeKeyActions reserves the space needed for the actions and returns a pointer to the beginning of the new array that holds the actions. It can change the acts, num_acts, and size_acts fields of xkb->server if it is necessary to reallocate the acts array. If needed is greater than the current number of keysyms for the key, XkbResizeKeyActions initializes all new actions in the array to NoAc- tion. Because the number of actions needed by a key is normally computed as width * number of groups, and XkbResizeKeyActions does not modify either the width or number of groups for the key, a discrepancy exists on return from XkbResizeKeyActions between the space allocated for the actions and the number required. The unused entries in the list of actions returned by XkbResizeKeyActions are not preserved across future calls to any of the map editing functions, so you must update the key actions (which updates the width and number of groups for the key) before calling another allocator function. A call to XkbChangeTypesOfKey updates these. If any allocation errors occur while resizing the number of actions bound to the key, XkbResizeKeyActions returns NULL. SEE ALSO
XkbChangeTypesOfKey(3), XkbResizeKeySyms(3) NOTES
A change to the number of actions bound to a key should be accompanied by a change in the number of symbols bound to a key. Refer to XkbRe- sizeKeySyms for more information on changing the number of symbols bound to a key. X Version 11 libX11 1.5.0 XkbResizeKeyActions(3)