Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scp files from subdirectories only. Post 302863617 by jimbojames on Monday 14th of October 2013 11:14:01 PM
Old 10-15-2013
scp files from subdirectories only.

Hi there,

Our current directory structure is set up as follows:
Code:
-2013-09-20
		- 76523.html
		- 76267.html  
		- 76268.html  
		- 76269.html  
		- 76270.html  
		- 76271.html  
		- 76272.html  
		- 76273.html  
		- 76274.html
		- 76539.html  
		- 76540.html  
		- 76541.html  
		- 76542.html  
		- 76543.html  
		- 76544.html  
		- 76545.html

Is there a way to scp ONLY the html files from each directory above? I have tried using the following:
Code:
scp -rp <userID>@<sourceserver>:/var/vi/report/ /transfer/move/test/

and although this works, it also recreates the subdirectories as well, which I don't want or need.

We are running AIX 7.1.2.15. I am hoping someone can help out with this!

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching files within subdirectories

I need to concatenate files that are inside a directory and subdirectories. Those files end with .c Can anyone help me I am using comand 9find) and (cat) but they don't work together.:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jalvarez
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy certain files from subdirectories

Hi all, I'd very grateful for some help with the following. I have a variable number of subdirectories each of which contain a uniquely names results file of the form Results*.dat. I would like to search through all subdirectories and copy out these results file to another directory so that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iomaire
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Listing all files in all subdirectories

From the main directory, I have multiple layers of subdirectories and imbedded files (jpg's) that I would like to have a quiklook. Is there a way of listing out the contents of all of the subdirectories and files with a one-line command? Thx... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuciauskas
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing subdirectories and files

hi, i want to display all subdirectory files with directory name. I am using ls -Rl this will gives only filenames with long listing. But i want the filename padded with directory name. example : -rw-r--r-- 1 sidfor sigbd 1713 May 24 09:33... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil_is
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read files from subdirectories

hello there the problem i got: i need to list .rrd files in each sub-directory from the parent directory, then create .xml files for each rrd files, the xml file should be in the same subdirectoryas rrd file. i have tried ls |awk '{print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: binbintriangel
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list the files but exclude the files in subdirectories

If I execute the command "ls -l /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/* | awk -F' ' '{print $9}' | cut -d'/' -f6-8" it will list all the files in /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/ directory as well as the files in subdirectories also proj/code/test.sh proj/code/test1.c proj/code/unix... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyjuezy
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip all the files with subdirectories present and append a part of string from the main .zip files

Hi frnds, My requirement is I have a zip file with name say eg: test_ABC_UH_ccde2a_awdeaea_20150422.zip within that there are subdirectories on each directory we again have .zip files and in that we have files like mama20150422.gz and so on. Iam in need of a bash script so that it unzips... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
PARALLEL-SCP(1) 														   PARALLEL-SCP(1)

NAME
parallel-scp - parallel versions of scp SYNOPSIS
parallel-scp [OPTIONS] -h hosts.txt local remote DESCRIPTION
pssh provides a number of commands for executing against a group of computers, using SSH. It's most useful for operating on clusters of homogenously-configured hosts. parallel-scp copy files in parallel to a set of machines. OPTIONS
-r --recursive recusively copy directories (OPTIONAL) -h --hosts hosts file (each line "host[:port] [user]") -l --user username (OPTIONAL) -p --par max number of parallel threads (OPTIONAL) -o --outdir output directory for stdout files (OPTIONAL) -e --errdir output directory for stderr files (OPTIONAL) -t --timeout timeout (secs) (-1 = no timeout) per host (OPTIONAL) -O --options SSH options (OPTIONAL) -v --verbose turn on warning and diagnostic messages (OPTIONAL) EXAMPLE
The following example runs hostname on three machines (IPs or hostnames) specified in the file ips.txt using login irb2 and saves the output in /tmp/foo. # parallel-scp -h ips.txt -l irb2 /etc/hosts /tmp/hosts Success on 128.112.152.122:22 Success on 18.31.0.190:22 Success on 128.232.103.201:22 ENVIRONMENT
All four programs take similar sets of options. All of these options can be set using the following environment variables: o PSSH_HOSTS o PSSH_USER o PSSH_PAR o PSSH_OUTDIR o PSSH_VERBOSE o PSSH_OPTIONS SEE ALSO
parallel-ssh(1), parallel-slurp(1), parallel-nuke(1), parallel-rsync(1), ssh(1), scp(1), AUTHOR
Brent N. Chun <bnc@theether.org> COPYING
Copyright: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Brent N. Chun NOTES
1. bnc@theether.org mailto:bnc@theether.org 03/30/2009 PARALLEL-SCP(1)