Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Not able to remove VTD
Operating Systems AIX Not able to remove VTD Post 302863607 by ksgnathan on Monday 14th of October 2013 08:15:52 PM
Old 10-14-2013
IBM Not able to remove VTD

Hi,

I am trying to remove 1 VTD from VIOS, its not able to remove and throwing the following error.

Code:
VIOS1$rmdev -dev xxx334.xxxxAs
Some error messages may contain invalid information
for the Virtual I/O Server environment.
rmdev: 0514-519 The following device was not found in the customized
        device configuration database:
        name = 'xxx334.xxxxAs'

The beauty is, it is showing available in lsdev. in that able to grep using 334

Code:
VIOS1$lsdev -virtual |grep  334
xxx334.xxxxDs   Available   Virtual Target Device - Disk
xxx334.xxxxAs  Available   Virtual Target Device - Disk

not able to grep xxxxAs

Code:
VIOS1$lsdev -virtual |grep xxxxAs

Noticed that there is not gap between VTD name and Available column in lsdev output, but don't how to resolve the space issue.

Please help

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

smitty, remove user, remove directory as well..

hi, i am on aix. i used smitty to remove a user.. but then found that its directory still exists.... so i have to remove the directory manually... am i doing it the right way? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove ^I ?

not sure what is this but any can help me delete this ^I cat -A file.txt CLAS^I^I|890^I|7,10,12,341,305,308,29,54^M$ LCLS^I^I|891^I|7,10,12,341,305,308,29,54^M$ MURB^I^I|892^I|7,10,12,341,305,308,29,54^M$ LATI^I^I|893^I|7,10,12,341,305,308,29,54^M$ i want to remove the ^I^I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: posner
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove brackets and put it in a column and remove repeated entry

Hi all, I want to remove the remove bracket sign ( ) and put in the separate column I also want to remove the repeated entry like in first row in below input (PA156) is repeated ESR1 (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) (PA156) leflunomide (PA450192) CHST3 (PA26503) docetaxel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
2 Replies

4. AIX

Need to remove (LP)PP

Had increased FS system size (sample_lv) on particular disks hdisk189 hdisk190 in a shared FS but unfortunately given addnl size occupies the space on other disks hdisk78 hdisk40 too In case, need to remove the addnl lv size occupied on hdisk78 hdisk40. How to achieve it. Pls advice. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
3 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please remove this post/remove information from it

In this thread: /shell-programming-and-scripting/255687-organizing-text-file-capital-names-capital-word-capital-word.html (sorry i cant use links) that is not an example, those are real students names with real student login id's for the college i am attending and i am on that list. Please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: throwawayacc
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash to remove find and remove specific extension

The bash below executes and does find all the .bam files in each R_2019 folder. However set -x shows that the .bam extension only gets removed from one .bam file in each folder (appears to be the last in each). Why is it not removing the extension from each (this is $SAMPLE)? Thank you :). set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
explain_remove_or_die(3)				     Library Functions Manual					  explain_remove_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_remove_or_die - delete a file and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/remove.h> void explain_remove_or_die(const char *pathname); DESCRIPTION
The explain_remove_or_die function is used to call the remove(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from explain_remove(3), and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). This function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: explain_remove_or_die(pathname); pathname The pathname, exactly as to be passed to the remove(2) system call. Returns: This function only returns on success. On failure, prints an explanation and exits. SEE ALSO
remove(2) delete a name and possibly the file it refers to explain_remove(3) explain remove(2) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2008 Peter Miller explain_remove_or_die(3)