Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to lock Oracle table through UNIX? Post 302863425 by jim mcnamara on Monday 14th of October 2013 07:24:52 AM
Old 10-14-2013
Are you using sqlldr to load the tables? Highly recommended.

Can you post the part of the script that does updates? - things like select for update will lock a table. And may leave it locked.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How can i load or insert a table in oracle from c language thru unix environment

I'm having a oracle server and i'm having a table in that. I'm having a linux server which is in network with the oracle server. I need to write a c program in linux env when on execution loads the table with the text file given as input. Please explain me the flow of process in that and also... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramprasad
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix script for update or insert records from a file to a oracle table

Hi, I have delimited file(|). Sample data: 1|name|50009|DS24|0|12 2|name|30009|DS24|0|13 3|name|20409|DS24|0|14 4|name|20009|DS24|0|15 5|name|10009|DS24|0|16 I want to load this data into a oracle table (update and insert) Please help me the commands and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unihp1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix file to oracle table

Hi , Can anyone help me regarding loading a unix file data to oracle database table using shell scripts? I wanted to grep only this data from a spool file sql_test.txt 99 00:00:00:01 but if I use grep I am getting format sql_test.txt 99 rows selected. Elapsed:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran16
2 Replies

4. Programming

API C MYSQL vs lock table ???

(sorry for my english) Hi, i have an app that uses MYSQL API C.. i trying do a timeout until the table is locked by an other thread , in the docs of Mysql i can see that MYSQL_OPT_READ_TIMEOUT is not implemented for linux ¿?¿?.. any body knows a way to do a timeout until the table is locked by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JEscola
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time (Go to sleep mode) and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert into Oracle table thru UNIX - linux 2.6.9-89

Hi, I am trying to insert a record into a table (say dips_tbl) which resides in Oracle DB through a ksh script. I want to insert records into few of the table columns-not all. I'll give an e.g. for the date column "CREATE_DATE". For that I first execute SQL1="SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete oracle table from UNIX script

Hi, Is it possible to delete oracle table datas using a UNIX script/Shell script? how can we do this?? I have oracle Database and i have to delete millions of record everyday.. adn it is taking hours togather to execute this. Will the delete query triggered from UNIX be faster can we expect any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help in copying table structure to another table with constraints in Oracle

hi, i need to copy one table with data into another table, right now am using create table table1 as select * from table2 i want the constraints of table1 to be copied to table2 also , can anyone give me some solution to copy the constraints also, now am using oracle 10.2.0.3.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

UNIX spool command not extracting complete record from the Oracle table

Hello All, I'm trying to spool an oracle table data into a csv file on unix server but the complete record is not being extracted. The record is almost 1000 characters but only 100 characters are being extracted and rest of the data getting truncated. I'm setting below options : SET... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed: UNIX shell variables to store Oracle table records

Hello Folks, I'm working on a requirement to automate the process of generating report(csv file) using metadata info stored in an Oracle table and E-mail it to respective people. Meta data table: Report_ID,Report_SUB_ID,Report_DB,Report_SQL,Report_to_email_Id 1,1,DEV,'select * From... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
2 Replies
plock(2)							System Calls Manual							  plock(2)

NAME
plock() - lock process, text, data, stack, or shared library in memory SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call allows the calling process to lock the text segment of the process (text lock), its data segment (data lock), or both its text and data segment (process lock) into memory. Stack segments are also locked when data segments are locked. Shared library text and shared library data segments (shlib lock) can also be locked. Locked segments are immune to all routine swapping. also allows these seg- ments to be unlocked. The effective user ID of the calling process must be a user with the privilege. op must be one of the following: Lock text and data segments into memory (process lock) Lock text segment into memory (text lock) Lock data segment into memory (data lock) Remove locks Lock shared library text and shared library data segments (shared library lock) Lock text, data and shared library text and shared library data segments into memory (process and shared library lock) Lock text, shared library text and shared library data segments into memory (text and shared library lock) Lock data, shared library text and shared library data segments into memory (data and shared library lock) Although and the family of functions may be used together in an application, each may affect the other in unexpected ways. This practice is not recommended. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Successful completion. Failure. The requested operation is not performed. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If fails, is set to one of the following values. op is equal to and a process lock, a text lock, or a data lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and a text lock or process lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and a data lock, or process lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and no type of lock exists on the calling process. op is equal to and there are no unlocked shared library segments in the calling process. op is equal to and a process lock, a text lock, or a data lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and a text lock or process lock already exists on the calling process. op is equal to and a data lock, or process lock already exists on the calling process. op is not equal to one of the values specified in is not allowed in a window. See vfork(2). There is not enough lockable memory in the system to satisfy the locking request. The effective user ID of the calling process is not a user with the privilege. EXAMPLES
The following call to locks the calling process in memory: SEE ALSO
setprivgrp(1M), exec(2), exit(2), fork(2), getprivgrp(2), mlock(2), vfork(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
plock(2)