Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Not able to find samba client service in Solaris 10 Post 302863369 by sb200 on Monday 14th of October 2013 04:49:30 AM
Old 10-14-2013
HI DukeNuke2

Please find the release date

Code:

bash-3.2# cat /etc/release
                   Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10s_u10wos_17b SPARC
  Copyright (c) 1983, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
                            Assembled 23 August 2011
bash-3.2#

Hi fpmurphy

There is no samba script in /etc/init.d folder & I think the command you have mention is related to starting the samba server not the samba client

More over when I am running below command I am getting error please find the output

Code:

bash-3.2# /usr/sbin/smbd -s /etc/sfw/smb.conf -D
bash-3.2#
bash-3.2#
bash-3.2# ps -ef|grep smdb
    root  4998  4918   0 21:08:38 pts/3       0:00 grep smdb
bash-3.2#
bash-3.2# mount -F smbfs //192.168.11.34/abc  /mnt
mount: Operation not applicable to FSType smbfs
bash-3.2#
bash-3.2# svcs -a|grep samba
disabled       21:09:59 svc:/network/samba:default
bash-3.2#

For your information

//192.168.11.34/abc

folder on window machine acting as a samba server

Please let me know how to proceed

Last edited by sb200; 10-14-2013 at 07:15 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

(perl) Microsoft SQL Server client for solaris. cant find it...

let me save everyone the pain that it caused me. This is all free. And make sure it is in this order 1) make sure you have the latest version of perl installed 2) make sure you have NET:aemon installed 3) make sure you have RPC::PlServer & PlClient (the bundle has both) 4) make sure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to enumerate samba shares with client

I have a samba server node and I want to mount the samba (CIFS) shares from a second (client) unix machine. However, the unix mount command requires I specify the name of the share. What if I don't know the name of the share? How can I enumerate all the shares from the samba client machine? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

3. Solaris

SFTP Client service information

Hi, How to find out which sftp client is installed in my system? And the UserId and Password used for SFTP service. I am using SunOS 5.8 Please help. Thanks, Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reeturaj_sunny
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to find out that how many users are in samba server in solaris 10

what is the command to find out that how many samba users accounts are in samba server in solaris 8.and also about samba users home directoris and samba users permissions (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

5. Solaris

NFS client service restart

Can any one please tell me the command for NFS client service restart.This is to resolve, NFS mount slowness issue.Mount is very slow for both read and write operations.The below commands are not helping out in this situation. ---------- Post updated at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous update was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksvaisakh
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Samba service in maintenance mode ???

I have a Solaris 10 SunFire v880 machine and I'm having trouble with Samba. Samba has worked on this machine but since the machine has been re-booted Samba has not worked. Machine details are: cat /etc/release Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC Copyright 2008... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Samba Client for RHEL 4

I am looking for a Samba Client for a redhat 4 installation. I can't find it anywhere on the web. Does anyone have a link where i can find a working version ? This is my version: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 7) /usr/bin/file: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidovans
5 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris samba configuration without wins service from authentication window server/Active directory

Hi All, We are using solaris samba server for our company project to provide access to code to our development team.Recently our ICT has disabled wins service on Active directory due which user are not able to connect to samba share and they are getting error "No logon server available" as samba... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
2 Replies
TDBBACKUP(8)                                                System Administration tools                                               TDBBACKUP(8)

NAME
tdbbackup - tool for backing up and for validating the integrity of samba .tdb files SYNOPSIS
tdbbackup [-s suffix] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(1) suite. tdbbackup is a tool that may be used to backup samba .tdb files. This tool may also be used to verify the integrity of the .tdb files prior to samba startup or during normal operation. If it finds file damage and it finds a prior backup the backup file will be restored. OPTIONS
-h Get help information. -s suffix The -s option allows the adminisistrator to specify a file backup extension. This way it is possible to keep a history of tdb backup files by using a new suffix for each backup. -v The -v will check the database for damages (currupt data) which if detected causes the backup to be restored. COMMANDS
GENERAL INFORMATION The tdbbackup utility can safely be run at any time. It was designed so that it can be used at any time to validate the integrity of tdb files, even during Samba operation. Typical usage for the command will be: tdbbackup [-s suffix] *.tdb Before restarting samba the following command may be run to validate .tdb files: tdbbackup -v [-s suffix] *.tdb Samba .tdb files are stored in various locations, be sure to run backup all .tdb file on the system. Important files includes: o secrets.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o passdb.tdb - usual location is in the /usr/local/samba/private directory, or on some systems in /etc/samba. o *.tdb located in the /usr/local/samba/var directory or on some systems in the /var/cache or /var/lib/samba directories. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The tdbbackup man page was written by John H Terpstra. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 TDBBACKUP(8)