Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching for a list of strings in a file with Python Post 302863353 by balajesuri on Monday 14th of October 2013 02:47:04 AM
Old 10-14-2013
Since you've posted in a shell scripting forum, I assume a shell solution is OK for you.

Code:
grep -f file_containing_strings output.csv

Last edited by balajesuri; 10-14-2013 at 04:01 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching for filenames with search strings in another file

Hi, I have 5 files in a directory. emp1_usage.txt emp2_usage.txt emp3_usage.txt emp4_usage.txt emp5_usage.txt I am using sqlldr to get the contents of the above 5 files and store it in a temp table and update my original table using temp table. for f in *emp*.txt do sqlldr... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathanjalireddy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching list of entries in file for actual files in dir

Hi all, I have a file entries.txt that contains a number of entries all on seperate lines e.g. test1 test2 test3 test4 Then in a directory called /TestFiles I have a number of files that could contain the above text in the file name e.g. qwertytest1.csv qwertytest2.csv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: not4google
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

list and export strings in a file

Hi all, I have a file looks something like this: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ aaaa bbbbbb ccc dddddddd ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I will like a script that can echo line1 export line1 as env variable echo line2 export line2 as env variable etc etc Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avatar Gixxer
3 Replies

4. Solaris

higlighting strings while searching

Hello experts, i am using sun solaris 9 i try to searching string from a file using more command. I wish when i search a string it will higlight the string/strings from the file. Have any idea how to do it..? I use putty. br//purple (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take a list if strings from a file and search them in a list of files and report them

I have a file 1.txt with the below contents. -----cat 1.txt----- 1234 5678 1256 1234 1247 ------------------- I have 3 more files in a folder -----ls -lrt------- A1.txt A2.txt A3.txt ------------------- The contents of those three files are similar format with different data values... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: realspirituals
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep -B used with -f? (Searching a file using a list of terms, output is lines before each match)

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python: list with tuples to a file

I have few list value which are shown as below and want to print the same to a text file in python. But I couldn't able to write to a file. Could anyone please help me how to print the list with tuples to a file . My code: ====== fout=open('output.txt','w') mylist = fout.write()... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass strings from a list of strings from another file and create multiple files?

Hello Everyone , Iam a newbie to shell programming and iam reaching out if anyone can help in this :- I have two files 1) Insert.txt 2) partition_list.txt insert.txt looks like this :- insert into emp1 partition (partition_name) (a1, b2, c4, s6, d8) select a1, b2, c4, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubie2linux
2 Replies

10. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies
lp-shell(1)						      General Commands Manual						       lp-shell(1)

NAME
lp-shell - Open an interactive launchpadlib shell. SYNOPSIS
lp-shell [-a] [-cPROGRAM] [--python] [--ipython] [service] [LP API version] DESCRIPTION
lp-shell opens an interactive Python shell with a launchpadlib.Launchpad object "lp" which is ready for use. It authenticates against Launchpad with the consumer name "udt-lp-shell". When using lp-shell with the -a option it will use the anonymous login from launchpadlib.Launchpad. By default lp-shell connects to the "production" Launchpad service using the "1.0" LP API version. If you want to connect to another Launchpad service, call lp-shell with the service name as the second argument. lp-shell supports all ser- vices known by launchpadlib Python module. Currently known are (list can be incomplete or outdated): "production", "staging", "dogfood". A different LP API version can be selected by passing the API version to use as the third argument. Current supported are: "beta", "1.0" and "devel". OPTIONS
-a Login anonymously into Launchpad. -c PROGRAM Don't enter a shell but only run the specified Python program and exit. --ipython Use an ipython shell if available (default). --python Use a regular python shell. AUTHORS
lp-shell was written by Martin Pitt <martin.pitt@ubuntu.com>. It is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or (at your option) any later version. lptools 27 March 2010 lp-shell(1)