Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Any desktop models popular with Red Hat? Post 302863249 by fpmurphy on Sunday 13th of October 2013 10:33:56 AM
Old 10-13-2013
Pretty much any modern desktop or laptop with 4 of more GB of RAM is fine for running RHEL.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Red Hat Linux & Desktop Market Share

Hello Everyone! A simple question: Do you think that Red Hat Linux will be obtaining a MAJOR share of the desktop operating systems on personal computers in near future? 1. Yes 2. No 3.Not Sure Thanks JAM (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jawwad
13 Replies

2. Red Hat

Red-hat

Hello, How do I see what IP addresses are connected to my machine? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonomao
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to Install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4?

I want to install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4. Please tell me the step-by-step installation and which file system will be best for this O/S? Like in windows, we have NTFS file system(which has very security features). Is there any such file system in Linux? Which file system should i use? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to Install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4?

I want to install Red Hat Linux Desktop version 4. Please tell me the step-by-step installation and which file system will be best for this O/S? Like in windows, we have NTFS file system(which has very security features). Is there any such file system in Linux? Which file system should i use?... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

not large enough to display the application in red hat linux x win desktop

I use red hat linux es 5 I use startx to start the x-win desktop. But when I use vritual manager . The display application is too large so the bottom part for the application cannot show out. I cannot scroll down to get the display of bottm part . So, I do not know what button display at the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

How can I get Red Hat Desktop edition?

Is there any way to install Red Hat Linux any version without purchasing? If yes, Please help me. I know Fedora is alternative way of Free Linux. But I am more interested to install Red Hat Linux for Personal Use. If anyone really knows about this... Please Please Please help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagarsbhandare
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 5.10 repository issue - desktop version

this is proving to be a real pain to set up. i recently installed red hat 5.10 desktop version. install went well. i've registered my system, but i cant seem to yum install simple packages. i can install some packages, but many others i cant. for instance, i cant do a: yum install php ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)						    Red Hat Linux System Manual 					      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - a program for non interactively registering systems to Red Hat Network SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [OPTION]... [PACKAGE NAME]... DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the Red Hat Network. It is designed to be used in a non-interactive enviroment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the commandline or stdin. --profilename Specify the profilename that should be used as an identifier for the system in Red Hat Network --username The username to register the system with under Red Hat Network. This can be an existing Red Hat Network username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --orgid Specify an organizational id of the org to register this system under. This is optional, and only used if registered a system to an existing Red Hat Network organization. --orgpassword The password assocated with the orgig specified with the --orgid option. This is an unencrypted password. --email The email address associated with the username specified iwth the --username option. --serialnumber Specify a servial number to associate with the system. This is optional, and only useful when combined with an orgid. --contactinfo Read contact info from standard in. The format is one entry per line, colon seperated. Valid options are reg_num, title, first_name, last_name, company, position, address1, address2, city, state, zip, country, phone, fax, contact_email, contact_mail, contact_phone, contact_fax, contact_special, contact_newsletter. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version fo rhnreg_ks --proxy Specify a http proxy to use. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date Configuration settings for up2date and rhnreg_ks /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT The ssl certificate authority file used by rhnreg_ks to validate the Red Hat Network ssl servers. EXAMPLES
The following registers a new system to Red Hat Network. rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser@example.com" --password "foobar" The following examples registers a new system to Red Hat Network including contact info. rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser@example.com" --password "foobar" --contactinfo < contactinfo where the file "contactinfo" contains data in the format: first_name: Billy last_name: Bob company: SomeCompanyName city: Springfield fax: 555-5555 phone: 555-5555 SEE ALSO
Configuration can be done via up2date --configure. rhnreg_ks is used to register a system to Red Hat Network. Visit <http://rhn.red- hat.com> for access or to sign up. You can also run up2date to register a system with Red Hat Network. Authors Written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. 4th Berkeley Distribution Wed 10 April 2002 RHNREG_KS(8)