Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exit user in bash script
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Exit user in bash script Post 302863245 by RudiC on Sunday 13th of October 2013 09:58:47 AM
Old 10-13-2013
Try
Code:
 sudo su lightdm -s /bin/bash -c "gsettings set com.canonical.unity-greeter draw-grid false"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit script if user input not four characters

#!/usr/bin/bash ###script to input four characters. wxyz echo "input first string" read instring1 echo "input second string" read instring2 ## echo "first string is:" $instring1 echo "second string is:" $instring2 ##IF instring1 or instring2 are NOT 4 characters (xxxx) , exit 1. ##how?? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script if the user dosent enter any data within 5 seconds

Hello friends, Kindly help me in developing a script that asks user to enter a value and will wait for 5 seconds for the feedback. If there is no answer from the user the script will perform exit or it will continue doing something else Ex: If yu have a multi OS system i believe while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quitting a bash script... any alternatives to exit?

Folks, Below is a basic synopsis of the problem. I have a script that I need to check for some env vars and fail (exit the script) if they are not there. At the same time I need to set some default env vars. To do this I must run the script from the parent shell or source the script. Doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashN00b
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script wont exit?

Solved Stupidly I didn't put brackets around the , thanks for all the help guys if ps ax | grep Cluster__check.bash | grep -v grep > /dev/null -- fails (if ps ax | grep Cluster__check.bash | grep -v grep > /dev/null) --works (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmc
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Shell Script Exit Codes

Here is my daily stupid question: How can I tell a script to only execute if the other scripts exits successfully? So "script A" executes and it executes successfully (0),then "script B" will run or else "script A "executes and it exits unsucessfully (1) then "script B" will read return... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create user if UID not exist; else, exit the script

Hi, I want to write a script to check whether an user ID is used in my server and then create that user. If the user ID is not used, I will echo something like "OK, continue" and then continue to execute the script. Else, I will echo something like "Used, exit" and then exit the script. As... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Question: HowTo Exit Script with User Input While Process is Running Mid-Loop?

Hi, I have written a script that allows me to repetitively play a music file $N times, which is specified through user input. However, if I want to exit the script before it has finished looping $N times, if I use CTRL+c, I have to CTRL+c however many times are left in order to complete the loop.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilltop_yodeler
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Script to manage background scripts (running, finished, exit code)

Heyas, Since this question (similar) occur every now and then, and given the fact i was thinking about it just recently (1-2 weeks) anyway, i started to write something :p The last point for motivation was... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script and open program via other user

Hello all.. so i have a problem i need to solve .. #! /bin/bash $SHELL dtterm -title my_prog -e su -user -c 'export DISPLAY=:0.0 ; /path/to/my/prog' & 2> /dev/null $SHELL intr exit This script will work on solaris 10 system in right clikt menu - in a secure system so i need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: defs
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Me. The script should not exit until the user gives an input.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and just a beginner in linux scripting. Just want to ask for help on this one. I am trying to create a script that will accept user input (year-month and user/s). I wanted to have the script to continue running, until the user inputs a DATE and name/s of user/s. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Helskadi
2 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)