Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combine several commands in a bash script Post 302863071 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 12th of October 2013 04:46:12 AM
Old 10-12-2013
awk OK? Try something like:
Code:
awk -F\| '/http:/{print $1 > ("sitelist_PR" $2 ".txt")}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine commands

Hi, i tried to combine grep with find and it didnt work grep 'find dirname filename" i also would like that the file will be sorted in the way. thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spoiler
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run non-standard commands in bash script?

Hello All. I suspect that this will be a clear noob question, but I haven't been able to figure it out using the usual methods, so I turn to you. I've written a script to create input files for the quantum chemistry program NWCHEM. Generally you create an input file and then execute it by... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: EinsteinMcfly
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh commands through bash script

Hi all! I am trying to write a script that will check if a certain directory is available at several different nodes and then do stuff in it ..... On the beginning of the script I give as a variable the directory and the number of the nodes and then I loop like this: for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: idet2
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I combine these two commands into one?

sed -e :a -e 's/<*>//g;/</N;//ba' a2.html -removes html tags and sed -i 's/YOURS TRULY/Joe Bob/' a2.html Replaces a string with another string can i make it into one string? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boyboy1212
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine awk and bash commands in script ?

Dear friends, I am just trying write one script using 2 files one file will contain details like below #X SERVER X LOCATION URL="http://www.abcd.com" FILENAME="abc.txt" ID_NAME="myabc_xyz" SERVER_PATH="/usr/local/dummy/html/....." #Y SERVER Y LOCATION URL="http://www.xyz.com"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create an executable bash script for these commands?

I wish to create an executable bash script that will run the following commands as root, that is, using sudo su iptables-save | awk '/^ / { print $1 } /^:+ / { print $1 " ACCEPT" ; } /COMMIT/ { print $0; }' | iptables-restoreMy first attempt at bash... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thixeqi
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine 2 bash script into 1?

Hi all, I’ve quick question on bash scripting. Here is my initial input. This is just an example. The value could be different numbers/ip addresses. host.txtFinal output should be like this. output-final.txt In order to have this, I’ve 2 different scripts. The first one is just to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: type8code0
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple commands

I have the following sh-script: konsole -T todo -e vi todo.txt & konsole -T window1 -e ssh user@server & konsole -T window2 -e ssh user@server2 -e cd directory & The first two lines are working fine. The first opens a txt-file, the second opens a ssh-connection. The third line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andre666
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine 2 Commands

Hello, I have the following code. I wonder if it can be combined into 1 command. y=`ls -1| tail -n 1` m=${y%.abc} Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: april
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using commands within bash script

The purpose of enclosed script is to execute selected command and output success or failure in whiptail msgBox Works as expected when command returns zero to msgBox. I cannot figure out how to continue / automate my script when command expects reply to continue / terminate. I am doing it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
2 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)