Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Not able to find samba client service in Solaris 10 Post 302863069 by DukeNuke2 on Saturday 12th of October 2013 04:42:22 AM
Old 10-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb200
I am using solaris 10 having kernel level is 147440-01
There are 12 versions of solaris 10... Check /etc/relase for version infos.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

(perl) Microsoft SQL Server client for solaris. cant find it...

let me save everyone the pain that it caused me. This is all free. And make sure it is in this order 1) make sure you have the latest version of perl installed 2) make sure you have NET:aemon installed 3) make sure you have RPC::PlServer & PlClient (the bundle has both) 4) make sure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to enumerate samba shares with client

I have a samba server node and I want to mount the samba (CIFS) shares from a second (client) unix machine. However, the unix mount command requires I specify the name of the share. What if I don't know the name of the share? How can I enumerate all the shares from the samba client machine? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siegfried
1 Replies

3. Solaris

SFTP Client service information

Hi, How to find out which sftp client is installed in my system? And the UserId and Password used for SFTP service. I am using SunOS 5.8 Please help. Thanks, Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reeturaj_sunny
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to find out that how many users are in samba server in solaris 10

what is the command to find out that how many samba users accounts are in samba server in solaris 8.and also about samba users home directoris and samba users permissions (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

5. Solaris

NFS client service restart

Can any one please tell me the command for NFS client service restart.This is to resolve, NFS mount slowness issue.Mount is very slow for both read and write operations.The below commands are not helping out in this situation. ---------- Post updated at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous update was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksvaisakh
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Samba service in maintenance mode ???

I have a Solaris 10 SunFire v880 machine and I'm having trouble with Samba. Samba has worked on this machine but since the machine has been re-booted Samba has not worked. Machine details are: cat /etc/release Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC Copyright 2008... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Samba Client for RHEL 4

I am looking for a Samba Client for a redhat 4 installation. I can't find it anywhere on the web. Does anyone have a link where i can find a working version ? This is my version: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 7) /usr/bin/file: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guidovans
5 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris samba configuration without wins service from authentication window server/Active directory

Hi All, We are using solaris samba server for our company project to provide access to code to our development team.Recently our ICT has disabled wins service on Active directory due which user are not able to connect to samba share and they are getting error "No logon server available" as samba... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sahil_shine
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)