Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell Scripting (prompt off)
Operating Systems AIX Shell Scripting (prompt off) Post 302862577 by ctsgnb on Friday 11th of October 2013 04:36:13 AM
Old 10-11-2013
Did you check the -f option ?
Code:
man compress

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No shell prompt?

When I login to a specific machine (running Solaris 2.8; actually serveral machines behave this way), with a known good account, I don't get any shell prompt, and no screen responses to various commands such as ID and PWD. Any ideas on what is causing this, and how to change this behavior? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mufasa
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

prompt in sh shell

Hi, I´m using SCO Unix 5.0.5 and I want to configure de variable PS1, so when I type the command: cd /etc/ the prompt shows /etc/_> Is that possible with sh shell? I´ll appreciate your help. Thanks, a Happy New Year! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diegoe
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell specific prompt

currently, I set my prompt in my .cshrc file as: set prompt = "%B%h %m %P %/ \n% " I have to use certain shells for some specific tasks and would like to set different prompts depending on the type of shell that I am using. Any advice? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dranNfly
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird in Shell Prompt

Hi, I saw something in weird in Shell prompt. I did the following steps 1) Typed ls -l and pressed ESC without entering 2) Typed "v" (please notice that I did not type "i" after "v"), which opened vi editor 3) I see the "ls -l" command that I typed in shell prompt 4) Without modifying... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how much we can pipe in shell prompt ?

Hi All experts, I was asked some questions of late & i was not aware of these. 1Q. how much we can pipe in shell prompt ?2Q. how many arguments we can pass in shell script & how to print that ? (eg, if i want to know what I passed in 11th Argument) ( for 3rd argument we can do echo $3, but I think... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: adc22
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Shell scripting from Perl Scripting.

Hi How to call a shell scripting through a Perl scripting? Actually I need some value from Shell scripting and passes in the Perl scripting. So how can i do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the shell prompt

Hi, I want to change the shell prompt, using the cd command. I have a shell prompt like this - p78-mfx(dgaw1078/9781)$ Now i do this - p78-mfx(dgaw1078/9781)$ cd log4j here the shell prompt should change like this - p78-mfx(dgaw1078/9781)log4j$ (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumarmc
6 Replies

9. Programming

scripting for recieving a prompt

I have to run a script provided by a vendor. Its an executable so I can't change it. basically after I call it it prompts me for a password. The script does not provide a way for me to pass a password with the command that calls the script. I would like to automate running this script from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting password prompt for restarting Jboss application

Hi When I do on console a stop, the script prompts for password > stop_idm_suite.sh Suite system password:Here experct of the shell script stop_idm_suite.sh DoIt() { # prompt System password echo "" ${BMC_JAVA_HOME}/java -Didm.suite.home=${BMC_IDM_SUITE_HOME} -classpath... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)