Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Pls. help with script to remove million files Post 302862399 by blackrageous on Thursday 10th of October 2013 04:25:08 PM
Old 10-10-2013
did you specify the trailing\; (quoted semicolon); as in...

Code:
find .  -type -f -exec rm -f {} \;

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mv files and then remove

Hi Guys i'm looking for some help with creating a scripts: Background - I run alot of testing which creates huge files. This fills up the diskspace over 3 weeks so needs constant deleting. but generally, I keep forgetting!!! so every 3 weeks it fails lol. Basically i can't format the drive... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: defamer
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Need to know command to delete more than 3 million files from /var/spool/clientmqueue

Hi I need to delete more than 3 million files from /var/spool/clientmqueue. When I give the following command to delete the files, I get the error # pwd /var/spool/clientmqueue # rm -f * /usr/bin/rm: arg list too long Please tell me how can I delete the files (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching 10 Million file records with 10 Million in other file

Dear All, I have two files both containing 10 Million records each separated by comma(csv fmt). One file is input.txt other is status.txt. Input.txt-> contains fields with one unique id field (primary key we can say) Status.txt -> contains two fields only:1. unique id and 2. status ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vguleria
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fast processing(mv command) of 1 million+ files using find, mv and xargs

Hi, I'd like to ask if anybody can help improve my code to move 1 million+ files from a directory to another: find /source/dir -name file* -type f | xargs -I '{}' mv {} /destination/dir I learned this line of code from this forum as well and it works fine. However, file movement is kinda... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentgrecko
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a million of files ..

Hi, Which way is faster rm -rf /path/ or find / -name -exec rm {} \; and why? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cain82
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls. help remove the static route

Hi, I am on Linux Redhat 5.3. I added this static route but now I can't seem to take it out. Can you help? netstat -rn Kernel IP routing table Destination Gateway Genmask Flags MSS Window irtt Iface 167.76.151.28 192.1.25.249 255.255.255.255 UGH 0 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

7. AIX

Script to remove backup files

HI, I want to remove my backup files keeping last 30 days. Now i am doing it manually. Does anyone have a script to automate this process? Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove newline, tab, spaces in curly braces.. :( Pls Help?

Hi Everyone, in the below "xyz (Exception e)" part... after the curly braces, there is a new line and immediately few tabs are present before closing curly brace. xyz (Exception e) { } note: there can be one or more newlines between the curly braces. My desired output should be ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NY_777
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Zip million files taking 12 hours or more

Hi I have task to zip files based on modified time but they are in millions and it is taking lot of time more than 12 hours and also eating up high cpu is there any other / better way to handle it quickly with less cpu consumptionfind . ! -name \"*.gz\" -mtime +7 -type f | grep -v '/.*/' |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
2 Replies
strclean(1M)															      strclean(1M)

NAME
strclean - remove outdated STREAMS error log files SYNOPSIS
logdir] age] DESCRIPTION
cleans the STREAMS error logger directory of log files mm-dd) that contain error messages sent by the STREAMS log driver, strlog(7). If the option is not used to specify another directory, removes error log files in the directory. If the option is not used to specify another age, removes error log files that have not been modified in three days. Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments: Specifies a directory for the location of the STREAMS error log files to be removed if this is not the default directory Specifies a maximum age in days for the STREAMS error log files if this not the default age of 3. The value of age must be an integer greater than or less than 3. EXAMPLES
Remove day-old error log files from a directory called FILES
One or more error log file or files on which operates. The mm-dd in the filename indicates the month and day of the messages con- tained in the file. NLS catalog for SEE ALSO
strerr(1M), strlog(7). strclean(1M)