Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sending mail in UNIX with body and attachment(.txt) using sendmail command Post 302862369 by KRR on Thursday 10th of October 2013 03:54:26 PM
Old 10-10-2013
Sending mail in UNIX with body and attachment(.txt) using sendmail command

Hi All,

In my .ksh script, I am sending an email with body and attachment (.txt) using sendmail command. I am able to receive the attachement along with the body of the mail. But I am getting special characters along with the content in the .txt. Also the alignment is incorrect. Can you please suggest how to avoid special characters and misallignment.

Below is the code I am using,

Code:
 # Code for sending mail - start
export MAILTO=$list 
export SUBJECT="Subject of the mail"
export BODY=$OUTPIPE
export ATTACH=$records.txt
(
 echo "To: $MAILTO"
 echo "Subject: $SUBJECT"
 cat $BODY
 uuencode $ATTACH $(basename $ATTACH)
) | sendmail $MAILTO
# Code for sending mail - end

Last edited by KRR; 10-12-2013 at 04:04 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending mails with attachment and also some text in mail body

Hi, Can some one help me with the syntax of the mailx that should send an attachment and also some text in the message body together. When I am using the following syntax it is not sending the attachment but only the message body. unix2dos -ascii $REPORTFILE | uuencode $PCFILE | mailx -s... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptan
7 Replies

2. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attaching file and sending text in body using sendmail command!!

Hello, I need to send with text in the body and 2 files as attachments using sendmail command. i can send only one at a time either attachment or text in body of email. Can any one please help me how to get that? I will be great for any help. Thanks, Sparan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparan_peddu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue on sending a mail with attachment using unix script ?

Issue on sending a mail with attachment using unix script ? Below is my code and is working fine and there is a issue in the attachment, the attachment file printing as a text-encripted message in the mail draft box instead of putting as a attachment (cat $msg; uuencode $attach1 in1.txt ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to attach text in body of email while sending mail with attachment

Hi, We have been trying to send mail with attachment and it is going fine, but when we try to attach a text to the body of the email, we find that the mail is going fine with the body text but the attachment is not going through. We are using ksh. The command that is successfull without the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix mail body with attachment

How can I send mail with attachment in HP-UX I am able to send mail with specific body,but not successful while attaching a file. I am using the below command however it stuck : uuencode test.txt |mailx -s "Subject" <e-mail id> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautamadak
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending email with attachment and body

Hi I want to able to attach a file to a email and send it with a body the body of the email is within the "body" file, and the attachment in "atch" if i send like below it will send the email correctly /usr/sbin/sendmail me@you.com< body And when i send the attachment alone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridanu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with sending mail from txt file having HTML code via sendmail -t

Hi, i have the following code in shell named as test3.sh.. #!/bin/sh . /home/<user>/.profile export dt=`date "+%d%b%y"` export tim=`date "+%d%b%y %HM:%MM"` cd export WD=`pwd` SID="<sid>" export SID export ORACLE_SID=$SID export ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/$SID/102_64 export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jassi10781
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachment using sendmail command

Send_Mail() { C_Date=`date +"%m/%d/%Y"` #Subject="MMDB Load Job Status" for i in `cat $Metafile` do if then email_address=`echo $i | cut -d":" -f2` /usr/lib/sendmail "$email_address" < $Email_File fi done } this is the send mail command i am using .please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alok K Yadav
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail with attachment(image) using sendmail in Linux(ksh)

Hi guys, I am trying to send a mail with below command which is working fine. $FilePath_mail have To,From and other information along with mail body which is in HTML format. I want to have image(logo) in the body. So just wanted to send it as an an attachment. /usr/sbin/sendmail -t <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balakrishnaps
1 Replies
INNMAIL(1)						    InterNetNews Documentation							INNMAIL(1)

NAME
innmail - Simple mail-sending program SYNOPSIS
innmail [-h] [-s subject] address [address ...] DESCRIPTION
innmail is a Perl script intended to provide the non-interactive mail-sending functionality of mail(1) while avoiding nasty security problems. It takes the body of a mail message on standard input and sends it to the specified addresses by invoking the value of mta in inn.conf. At least one address (formatted for the MTA specified in inn.conf, if it matters) is required. innmail will sanitize the addresses so that they contain only alphanumerics and the symbols "@", ".", "-", "+", "_", and "%". innmail was written to be suitable for the mailcmd setting in inn.conf. OPTIONS
-h Gives usage information. -s subject Sets the Subject: header of the message. A warning is issued if this option is omitted. EXAMPLES
This sends a one-line message to the local user "joe": echo "A one-line message." | innmail -s "Simple message" joe innmail by default is used by INN for sending nightly reports and control message reports. BUGS
innmail fails on addresses that begin with "-", although one might hope that the news server will not need to contact any such addresses. There are many "correct" addresses that will be silently modified by the sanitization process. A news administrator should be careful to use particularly sane addresses if they may be passed to innmail. HISTORY
innmail was written by James Brister <brister@vix.com> for InterNetNews. This manual page was originally written by Jeffrey M. Vinocur. $Id: innmail.pod 7851 2008-05-26 19:33:08Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
inn.conf(5), mail(1). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 INNMAIL(1)