Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk IO high. What to fix ?
Operating Systems Solaris Disk IO high. What to fix ? Post 302862221 by Iftikhar Barrie on Thursday 10th of October 2013 09:48:48 AM
Old 10-10-2013
Do you have a ORACLE db running on this server? sometimes a badly written SQL query can cause the slowdown especially if you have the table spaces configured on slower internal disks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun: High kernel usage & very high load averages

Hi, I am seeing very high kernel usage and very high load averages on my system (Although we are not loading much data to our database). Here is the output of top...does anyone know what i should be looking at? Thanks, Lorraine last pid: 13144; load averages: 22.32, 19.81, 16.78 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lorrainenineill
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to send email on HIGH Disk usage

Hi Guys I am looking for a python / PERL script which will send me email when ever my disk becomes more than 90% full. By the way my OS is Win XP. If anybody have already has written same type of script or something very similar kind of script, that will also be very helpful. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to trace the big files causing high disk usage

Hi All, One very urgent issue and I need your help. I have two V490 servers installed with Sun Solaris 10. I have traced out that the disk usage is running out of space for both the servers. Currently the /dev/md/dsk/d10 device is 91% in one server and another is 56% and it is increasing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

identify the unix processes performing high disk i/o reads and writes

I would like to write shell/perl script which identifies the top unix processes that are performing high disk I/O's or/and writes If any one knows the solution please help me? -Swamy (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avsswamy
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

identify the unix process performing high disk i/o reads and writes

Guys, Is there any UNIX command that captures the 'Unix process which is performing high disk I/O reads and writes'. can you help me in this? -Swamy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avsswamy
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Disk Utilization is very high

Hi, I have monitored that disk utilization is very high on one of red hat linux VM. Would like to know how to find out that issue of high disk utilization is because of disk or Installed Application on that server is causing the problem. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. AIX

Diagnose high disk write IO

Hi, say for example if there is high disk write IO in one disk (detected from NMON), how to we identify what processes is writing on that particular disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

apache high cpu load on high traffic

i have a Intel Quad Core Xeon X3440 (4 x 2.53GHz, 8MB Cache, Hyper Threaded) with 16gig and 1tb harddrive with a 1gb port and my apache is causing my cpu to go up to 100% on all four cores heres my http.config <IfModule prefork.c> StartServers 10 MinSpareServers 10 MaxSpareServers 15... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: awww
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies

10. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to find which process using, while getting High Disk I/O?

In Our Production server I/O was very high, I Recived mail that Disk I/O was high, is it possible how to find which process Used this much I/O ? Iam Using Ubuntu server 12.04. Linux 3.9.3-x86_64-server33 (Li473-1200) 07/23/2014 _x86_64_ (8 CPU) 12:05:01 AM DEV ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
5 Replies
rlm_sql(5)							 FreeRADIUS Module							rlm_sql(5)

NAME
rlm_sql - FreeRADIUS Module DESCRIPTION
The rlm_sql module provides an SQL interface to retrieve authorization information and store accounting information. It can be used in conjunction with, or in lieu of the files and detail modules. The SQL module has drivers to support the following SQL databases: db2 iodbc mysql oracle postgresql sybase unixodbc Due to the size of the configuration variables, the sql module is usually configured in a separate file, which is included in the main radiusd.conf via an include directive. The main configuration items to be aware of are: driver This variable specifies the driver to be loaded. server login password These specify the servername, username, and password the module will use to connect to the database. radius_db The name of the database where the radius tables are stored. acct_table1 acct_table2 These specify the tables names for accounting records. acct_table1 specifies the table where Start records are stored. acct_table2 specifies the table where Stop records are stored. In most cases, this should be the same table. postauth_table The name of the table to store post-authentication data. authcheck_table authreply_table The tables where individual Check-Items and Reply-Items are stored. groupcheck_table groupreply_table The tables where group Check-Items and Reply-Items are stored. usergroup_table The table where username to group relationships are stored. deletestatlesessions This option is set to 'yes' or 'no'. If you are doing Simultaneous-Use checking, and this is set to yes, stale sessions ( defined as sessions for which a Stop record was not received ) will be cleared. logfile This option is useful for debugging sql problems. If logfile is set then all sql queries for the containing section are written to the file specified. This is useful for debugging and bulk inserts. num_sql_socks The number of sql connections to make to the database. connect_failure_retry_delay The number of seconds to wait before attempting to reconnect to a failed database connection. sql_user_name This is the definition of the SQL-User-Name attribute. This is set once, so that you can use %{SQL-User-Name} in the SQL queries, rather than the nested username substitution. This ensures that Username is parsed consistently for all SQL queries executed. default_user_profile This is the default profile name that will be applied to all users if set. This is not set by default. query_on_not_found This option is set to 'yes' or 'no'. If set to yes, then the default user profile is returned if no specific match was found for the user. authorize_check_query authorize_reply_query These queries are run during the authorization stage to extract the user authorization information from the ${authcheck_table} and ${authreply_table}. authorize_group_check_query authorize_group_reply_query These queries are run during the authorization stage to extract the group authorization information from the ${groupcheck_table} and ${groupreply_table}. accounting_onoff_query The query to be run when receiving an Accounting On or Accounting Off packet. accounting_update_query accounting_update_query_alt The query to be run when receiving an Accounting Update packet. If the primary query fails, the alt query is run. accounting_start_query accounting_start_query_alt The query to be run when receiving an Accounting Start packet. If the primary query fails, the alt query is run. accounting_stop_query accounting_stop_query_alt The query to be run when receiving an Accounting Stop packet. If the primary query fails, the alt query is run. simul_count_query The query to be run to return the number simultaneous sessions for the purposes of limiting Simultaneous Use. simul_verify_query The query to return the detail information needed to confirm that all suspected connected sessions are valid, and are not stale ses- sions. group_membership_query The query to run to check user group membership. postauth_query The query to run during the post-authentication stage. CONFIGURATION
Due to the size of the configuration for this module, it is not included in this manual page. Please review the supplied configuration files for example queries and configuration details. SECTIONS
authorization, accounting, checksimul, post-authentication FILES
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf, /etc/raddb/sql.conf, /etc/raddb/sql/<DB>/dialup.conf, /etc/raddb/sql/<DB>/schema.sql, SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radiusd.conf(5), AUTHORS
Chris Parker, cparker@segv.org 5 February 2004 rlm_sql(5)