Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Avoid locking between two files: Post 302862175 by RudiC on Thursday 10th of October 2013 08:26:01 AM
Old 10-10-2013
The second script using select ... for update will automatically go to sleep.

If always script A runs first to completion, then script B, why don't you just run them sequentially?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Avoid creating temporary files on editing a file in Ubuntu

Hi, My ubuntu flavor always create temporary files having filename followed by ~ on editing. For eg: if I am editing a file called "sip.c", automatically a temporary (bkup) file is getting created with the name "sip.c~". How to avoid this file creation? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
7 Replies

2. Programming

What is the proper way to combine C++ files (with g++) to avoid link (ld) errors?

Problem background: gcc v 4.1 2 .cpp files, 2 .h files Files: main.cpp a.cpp a.h b.h Organization: main.cpp includes a.h (because it calls a.cpp code) a.cpp includes a.h a.h includes b.h (because a class in a.h uses a b.h class) There is no inheritance between a.h or b.h or any of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnqsmith
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Avoid files being archived

hi all, i want to write a shell script which can automatically touch my all files within a folder in an interval of 90 days ...so that i can avoid them being archived. I don't want to manually touch the all files instead i want an automated shell script to do this. Thanks in advance, Om (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Avoid intermediate files when pipe does nt work

problem with piping one output to another.Would like to avoid the intermediate file creation.The piping does nt work on places where files have been created and goes in an endless loop. sed -e "s/^\.\///g" $LINE1| sed -e "s/_\(\)/kkk\1/g" > $file1 tr -s '_' ' ' < $file1| \ sort -n -k... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w020637
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid duplication within 2 files?

Hi all, Actually 2 files are there - file1, file2. file1 contains ---> london mosco america russia mosco file2 contains --> europe india japan mosco england london Question is I want to print all the city names without duplication cities in those... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan_mca
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba - prevent locking of selected files over network?

I have a samba server which is serving a mixture of files. One main application uses a data file and creates a temporary working execution file at startup and holds that temp execution file open for the duration of the program's execution (but doesn't use the file at all after initial startup). ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining 3 AWK scripts to avoid use "temp" files

Hi everyone, Looking for a suggestion to improve the below script in which I´ve been working. The thing is I have 3 separated AWK scripts that I need to apply over the inputfile, and for scripts (2) and (3) I have to use a "temp" file as their inputfile (inputfile_temp and inputfile_temp1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Avoid typing long filenames in terminal, shortcut for selecting files?

You probably know the answer to this, because I know it exists. I have super long filenames with md5 hashes and I sucks to type the whole hash in the console. Because... just because :P What is the shortcut for selecting a file in the current directory? Like you get a sort of loop through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hellfire1
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to avoid errors when moving files in a bff?

I am building a bff using mkinstallp. My template file is : Package Name: svr_exForum Package VRMF: 7.2 Update: N Fileset Fileset Name: svr_exForum.rte Fileset VRMF: 7.2 USRLIBLPPFiles Pre-installation Script: /lppdir/lpp/exForum/F_pre_i ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinl
2 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)