Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script not executing using cron Post 302862055 by radoulov on Thursday 10th of October 2013 05:37:25 AM
Old 10-10-2013
Yes,
and you'll probably also need to export the ORACLE_HOME variable
(and add <ORACLE_HOME>/bin to the PATH).
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

executing shell script from the cron

This isn't the usual problem that a shell script runs from the command line and not the cron. It's a little different. Among other things, the shell scrip executes my .profile to set a bunch of variables. It then does an env to ensure that it ran OK. There are echos in the shell script and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a cron

Hi Gurus I have a requirement to execute a cron job every 30 min until 8pm in the night and again start at 8 am in the morning. How would I add the cron entry for this requirements. all inputs are appreciated. Thanks in advance (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing script by cron doesnt give me expected result

Hi frnds... I m facing very irritating problem already waisted my 2 days.. I have a following script..( i am pasting only the main code) ftp -ivn 213.194.40.77 <<FTP user $user $password binary cd $FileDir/out lcd $localpath get $file rename $FileDir/out/$file $FileDir/tmp/$file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with executing a shell script through the cron

Hi, I have a shell script as below: ORACLE_HOME=/usr/local/opt/oracle/product/dev export ORACLE_HOME PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin:/usr/bin export PATH OUTFILE=/export/home/`basename $0`.out export OUTFILE export IDEN df -k . | tail -1 | read a b c d e f echo $a >> $OUTFILE echo $b... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhinav Pandey
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a script from CRON behaves differently than terminal

Hi have a script which transferers from Microsoft server to Linux box. The scripts(ksh) is on Linux box. If I run script from terminal, it transfers files to directory. Where as If I run script from CRON. It does not. Here is the log of both: Terminal execution log:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipeshvshah
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job not executing

I need to add 10 records to database from a file /tmp/authlist.log(contains insert into table sql commands) When i execute the following script manually its executing and working fine. the same is not getting executed when i try to execute using crontab vi /tmp/test1.sh #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron shell script not executing diskutil command

I'm trying to learn how to use cron for repetative tasks. I have an external disk that needs to be unmounted and remounted every hour due to some problems that a backup utility (specifically, TimeMachine) is having repeatedly accessing the device. I've created a shell script that will find the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: illuminate
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

"if" Loop not working when executing script using cron

I am facing this weird issue where the script is working fine from the command line but when I am executing it from cron though it is working fine but the "if" loop is processing else part though I know that the if part of the logic is true and ideally the loop should execute the if portion. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script not executing via cron

Hello All, I'm having an issue getting an expect script to run as a cron job. The script executes fin if I run it from the command line but I get nothing when trying to run it as a cron job. I've researched other forums and threads and there have been references to the environment, or lack... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingT617
16 Replies

10. AIX

Script is not executing as expected when I schedule it in cron

Hi, I have a shell script which fetches the MRP status and the LAG status. When I execute it manually like, sh <script_name>, it fetches the output as expected, but when I schedule through crontab, it's not working as expected. Any help would be really appreciated. Here is the code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraj R
3 Replies
cscope-indexer(1)					      General Commands Manual						 cscope-indexer(1)

NAME
cscope-indexer - Script to index files for cscope SYNOPSIS
cscope-indexer [-v] [-f database_file] [-i list_file] [-l] [-r] DESCRIPTION
This script generates a list of files to index (cscope.out), which is then (optionally) used to generate a cscope database. You can use this script to just build a list of files, or it can be used to build a list and database. This script is not used to just build a data- base (skipping the list of files step), as this can be simply done by just calling "cscope -b". Normally, cscope will do its own indexing, but this script can be used to force indexing. This is useful if you need to recurse into sub- directories, or have many files to index (you can run this script from a cron job, during the night). It is especially useful for large projects, which can contstantly have source files added and deleted; by using this script, the changing sources files are automatically handled. Currently, any paths containing "/CVS/" or "/RCS/" are stripped out (ignored). OPTIONS
-f database_file Specifies the cscope database file (default: cscope.out). -i list_file Specifies the name of the file into which the list of files to index is placed (default: cscope.files). -l Suppress the generation/updating of the cscope database file. Only a list of files is generated. -r Recurse into subdirectories to locate files to index. Without this option, only the current directory is searched. -v Be verbose. Output simple progress messages. SEE ALSO
cscope(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux system by Robert Lemmen <robertle@semistable.com> (but may be used by others, of course) Script to index files for cscope 30. December 2002 cscope-indexer(1)