Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Egrep how to make sure string is after 5 comma Post 302862001 by Subbeh on Thursday 10th of October 2013 04:14:51 AM
Old 10-10-2013
Not sure if this is the best way to do it, but it works:
Code:
egrep '.*?,.*?,.*?,.*?,.*?,.*f' file

Edit: This is a better way to approach it:
Code:
grep '^\([^,]*,\)\{5\}\(.*f\)' file

Last edited by Subbeh; 10-10-2013 at 05:23 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to Subbeh For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma Delimited Output w/ egrep

Hi all, I have an input file that I am pulling out certain phases using the following commands: cat /nodes.txt | egrep -e 'OSVersion|PrimaryNodeName' Currently the output looks like this: OSVersion - 5.0 PrimaryNodeName - serverA OSVersion - 5.0 PrimaryNodeName - serverB OSVersion... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianadoug
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make menu of result from egrep

hi, im just starting with scripting , i have de following situation im doing a search in a data folder with egrep egrep -i "title.regu." `find . -name "*.dat"` the result is : ./20080816212245/index.dat:title Regular Expressions ./20080811212216/index.dat:title ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvrman
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comma separated string manipulation

hi, i have a script where i am accepting a comma separated string from the user, i have to separated those strings on the basis of comma and store it in variables.. below is the script #!/bin/ksh clear echo "Enter the strings seperated by commas :- \c " read strn echo $strn... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a comma from string

Hey guys, Its a simple question though, but since I'm new to this shell scripting world ... it's kind of difficult. Say I have some string as : ListenAddress=ABCServer1,ABCServer2 I want to output the value of ListenAddress as ... ABCServer1 ABCServer2 so, basically, I want to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MisterKhan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

egrep string except when preceded by underscore

having trouble with this seemingly simple taks.. :mad: Test data: we want to keep lines 2,3 & 4 -- want to exclude when ${.*schema} is preceded with an underscore; Valid {.*schema} should always be preceded spaces or be found at the beginning of a line. egrep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: danmauer
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Remove comma at the end of the string

Hi i had String like UID: ABC345QWE678GFK345SA90, LENGTH 32 when I used awk ' FS, {print $1}' prints ABC345QWE678GFK345SA90, how can i getrid of that coma at the end of the string. Thanks in advance.. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reddy482
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a value after 13th comma in a string

Suppose b=50,0,0,40,1,0,5000,gold,0,0,0,0,32,9,2,0,10000,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,BSNL_SMS_Bundle ,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,50,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,null,null,0,0,405564245,0 c=11 After 13th comma, the value of 9 needs to be changed and to be filled by another... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan23kohli
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: need to have egrep to return a text string if the search pattern has NOT been found

Hello all, after spending hours of searching the web I decided to create an account here. This is my first post and I hope one of the experts can help. I need to resolve a grep / sed / xargs / awk problem. My input file is just like this: ----------------------------------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash4ever
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make multiple lines into single quoted comma separated Linux

Hi, I want to change a file file1.txt: 1234 3456 2345 6789 3456 2333 4444 As, file2.txt in Linux: '1234','3456','2345','6789','3456','2333','4444' Could someone please help me. (Single liner sed, awk will be welcome!) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiweq05
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a string and display its location on the entire string and make a text file

I want to search a small string in a large string and find the locations of the string. For this I used grep "string" -ob <file name where the large string is stored>. Now this gives me the locations of that string. Now how do I store these locations in a text file. Please use CODE tags as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ANKIT ROY
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)