Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Incrementing parts of ten digits number by parts Post 302861957 by Natalie on Thursday 10th of October 2013 02:24:26 AM
Old 10-10-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrow
Code:
n=2013113098
echo "${n:0:4} ${n:4:2} ${n:6:2} ${n:8:2}"

so basically u divided my number into 4 parts right?! So I can increment independently, right? Smilie
For incrementing I just add 1 to ${n:8:2} for example, right?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cksum parts of a file

Every time we build an executable the date and time are put into the file, I need to run checksum on just the working lines.(IE, no header files) Is this even possible, if so how would I go about it? I am using a HP-UX server any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: crazykelso
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting parts of a file

Hello, I'm trying to retreive certain bits of info from a file. the file contains a list like this info1:info2:info3:info4 info1:info2:info3:info4 info1:info2:info3:info4 info1:info2:info3:info4 how do i pick out only info2 or only info3 without the others? Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting parts of a file.

Hello, I have a XML file as below and i would like to extract all the lines between <JOB & </JOB> for every such occurance. The number of lines between them is not fixed. Anyways to do this awk? ============ <JOB APR="1" AUG="1" DEC="1" FEB="1" JAN="1" JUL="1" JUN="1" MAR="1" MAY="1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivat79
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]break line number into several parts

hlow all, i have file with wc -l file.txt is 3412112 line number so I want to break these files into several parts with assumsi line 1-1000000 will be create part1.txt and 1000001-2000000 will create part2.txt and 2000001-3000000 will create part3.txt and 3000001-3412112 will create... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parts is parts, but all together ...

I understand the individual pieces of the following (with one exception ..), but how does it all work as one? find ${HOME}/reports/ -name surveyresult*.txt -exec ls -1 {} \; | /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -E \ "${HOME}/reports/surveyresult{14,14}.txt" | sort > ${ResultsFileList} Find all files like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdorn001
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract Parts of File

Hello All, I have a file like this Define schema flat_file_schema ( a varchar(20) ,b varchar(30) ,c varchar(40) ); (Insert into table ( a ,b ,c ) values ( 1 ,2 ,3 ); (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two parts of a file

Hello All, I have a file like this APPLY ( 'INSERT INTO brdcst_media_cntnt ( cntnt_id ,brdcst_media_cntnt_cd ,cntnt_prvdr_cd ,data_src_type_cd ,cntnt_titl_nm ,cntnt_desc ,batch_dt ,batch_id ) VALUES ( :cntnt_id (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting various parts from the log

I am dealing with some app log, see example below: 22:16:13.601 ClientSession(905)--Connection(5)--SELECT GETDATE() 22:16:13.632 ClientSession(158)--Connection(5)--SELECT 1 22:16:13.632 ClientSession(848)--Connection(6735)--SELECT 1 So far I needed to collect certain column from it, such as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get first four parts of the string?

I have the string: XXXX.YYYY_ZZZ.20180724.01.txt I need to get rid of .txt and get full four parts XXXX.YYYY_ZZZ.20180724.01 I did: CTL=`echo XXXX.YYYY_ZZZ.20180724.01.txt | rev | cut -d"." -f4 | rev` But got only YYYY_ZZZ What should I do to get all four parts of that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)