Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combine 3 files based on a pattern Post 302861783 by rparavastu on Wednesday 9th of October 2013 03:53:15 PM
Old 10-09-2013
RudiC,

Thank You very much. It helped a lot.

Thanks,
Ram.

---------- Post updated at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:50 AM ----------

Hello Chubler_XL,

Thank You very much. Even better in a single liner.

Thanks,
Ram.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to combine 2 lines in same files based on any text

hi, I want to combine two lines in same file. If the line ends with '&' it should belongs to previous line only Here i am writing example. Ex1: line 1 : return abcdefgh& line 2 : ijklmnopqr& line 3 : stuvw& line 4 : xyz output should be line 1: return abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: spc432
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine the lines based on particular pattern

Hi, I've a weird problem to be solved. Assume i have a file like this: 1. <timestamp> UID: 12345 <junk> DevID: V123 2. <timestamp>DevID: V123 <junk> DuID: VP 3. ... 4. .... 5. <timestamp> UID: 789 <junk> DevID: S456 6. <timestamp>DevID: S456 <junk> DuID: VP.... 7. ..... Say if i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VenkataPrasad
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine two files based on fields?

I have two files which are as follows: File 1: 1 abc 250 2 pqr 300 3 xyz 100 File 2: 1 abc 230 2 pqr 700 3 xyz 500 Now I need output File, File 3as: S.No Name Count1 Count2 1 abc 250 230 2 pqr 300 700 3 xyz 100 500 NOTE: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine lines from two files based on an if statement

I'm rather new to programming, and am attempting to combine lines from 2 files in a way that is way beyond my expertise - any help would be appreciated! I need to take a file (file1) and add columns to it from another file (file2). However, a line from file2 should only be added to a given line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cheri
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Moving multiple files based on the pattern

I want to search for a particular file name patterns and move them to a specific folder, is it possible to do it with awk or sed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files based on a pattern

Hi All, I need to find and list the last 5 days files in that exact name with "MIM" and copy to another directory. please help me in this there is around 30000 files Thanks Murali (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 969murali@gmail
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List only files based on a pattern

Hi Gurus, I need to list only the files with out certain extension. For eg from the following list of files: I need to only list: Thanks Shash (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving old files based on pattern

Hi all I am trying to loop through a directory of files using a given search pattern. some of the files will be duplicated due to the pattern, but of the duplicate files i wanted to move the older files to another location. Is there any straightforward way of doing this ? One of ways I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sthapa
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding all files based on pattern

Hi All, I need to find all files in a directory which are containing specific pattern. Thing is that file name should not consider if pattern is only in commented area. all contents which are under /* */ are commented all lines which are starting with -- or if -- is a part of some sentence... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine and complete multiple CSV files based on 1 parameter

I have to create a new CSV file based on the value listed on the 3rd column from different CSV files. This is what I need: 1. I should substitute the first column from each file, excluding the headers, with the file name InputXX. 2. Then, I need to look for rows with 0 on the third column in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)