Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reset while loop to loop same file multiple times Post 302861645 by Scott on Wednesday 9th of October 2013 10:34:27 AM
Old 10-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2nix4life
Works for me.
Good point!

I missed the statement:
Quote:
but inter while loop is only executed 1 time

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to check for file up to 3 times

Please forgive this I think rather basic question. I have been away from UNIX for a very long time and am in need of some help. I need to be able to check for the existance of a specific file name say 'file.dat' in a particular location If the file exists then run a second process (at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JohnCrump
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

The loop was executed $count times

#!/bin/sh count=0 for i in 2 4 6 do echo "i is $i" count='expr $count + 1' done echo "The loop was executed $count times" with these scripts my output is : i is 2 i is 4 i is 6 The loop was executed expr $count + 1 times What should I do to get the value instead of 'expr... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymwong
17 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System call failed with 127 .. after 500 times when called in loop

Hi Experts, I have a code like this. ===== #include.... int main() { int count = 0; while(1){ printf("\n Interation number is: %d \n ",count); rv = system(" test.sh > log.txt " ); if (-1 == rv) { printf("Could not generate static log: error... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnyjeshan
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FASTEST way to loop a script 10k times

Is there any FASTEST way to loop a script 10k times my script works likes this c-randomnumbers-script -i input1.bed -g g19 -e DB >> output1 I need to run this 10k times by using consecutive outputs to get my final output i.e, output10000 c-random-script -i input1.bed -g g19 -e DB >>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop reading file with multiple conditions

Hi Am trying to print the PIDs of process in a file and trying to grep any PID from that file I set the if condition as $value != "PID" and $value != "-" Assign that number to a variable Am confused since am using while loop to read the line from file and again if condition to check those... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove first few characters from multiple file names without do loop?

Hi Fellows, I was wondering how I can remove first few characters from multiple file names without do loop in unix? e.g. water123.xyz water456.xyz to 123.xyz 456.xyz Thanks Paul Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Moghadam
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop script for multiple file?

hi, i am running a java script on few thousand files (e1.rnk....en.rnk) but manually,. is there any way to run it automatically by changing the output directory (-out) ? thanx in advance ex: java -jar commands -res /path/e1.rnk -out /path/e1 -gui false java -jar commands -res /path/e2.rnk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of loop :Splitting a single file into multiple .dat file

hdr=$(cut -c1 $path$file|head -1)#extract header”H” trl=$(cut -c|path$file|tail -1)#extract trailer “T” SplitFile=$(cut -c 50-250 $path 1$newfile |sed'$/ *$//' head -1')# to trim white space and extract table name If; then # start loop if it is a header While read I #read file Do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwagatikaP1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to execute 2 times and send an email alert

After the successful start of server, it should check the status again, if it is not running ,it should go through the loop for 2 times. Even after two times of execution if still the server is not running it should send an alert email. Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thomas9192
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Variable inside while loop got reset

hi, I am using hp unix server and not getting variable output present inside the while loop. I have tried changing the code and need to verify whether it is proper practice of code. I am expecting the output of varible RUN_FILE 3 to TRUE which i get inside the while loop. RUN_FILE 1=TRUE... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamsoft
8 Replies
PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::QuoteLike - Quote-like operator abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::QuoteLike isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the five quote-like operator classes. In PPI, a "quote-like" is the set of quote-like things that exclude the string quotes and regular expressions. The subclasses of "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" are: qw{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Words `` - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Backtick qx{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Command qr// - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Regexp <FOO> - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Readline The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is. See their pages for more details. You may note that the backtick and command quote-like are treated separately, even though they do the same thing. This is intentional, as the inherit from and are processed by two different parts of the PPI's quote engine. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)