Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Comment out crontab using sed command Post 302861523 by SKhan on Wednesday 9th of October 2013 05:59:08 AM
Old 10-09-2013
Thanks RudiC !
I am not familiar with the use of 'set' and could not find any suitable example too. Could you please elaborate on the same?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and crontab

Hi , what is the simple way to do the following : i would search in a crontab file for specific string of characters (ex: toto.ksh) and only on this line change the beginning as follows : 00 23 * * 0 with 00 23 * * 3 or maybe 2 changes: with 10 23 * * 3 thanks in advance Christian (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk to insert comment at defined line number

Hi there, may someone easily help me on this : I want to insert a text in a specific line number like : linenumb2start=`cat memory_map.dld | nl -ba | egrep -i "label" | cut -f1` line2insert=`expr $linenumb2start + 2` and now I need to replace something like {} with {comment} at... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: homefp
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get rid of xml comment by grep or sed

Hi, I would like to get rid of all comment in an xml file by grep or sed command: The content seem like this: <!-- ab cd ef gh ij kl --> Anyone can help? Thanks and Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RonLii
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help using SED to comment XML elements

I'm trying to write a script to help automate some VERY tedious manual tasks. I have groups of fairly large XML files (~3mb+) that I need to edit. I need to look through the files and parse the XML looking for a certain flag contained in a field. If I find this flag (an integer value) I need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: J-Hon
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to comment out line in /etc/vfstab

I am running a script remotely to do the following 1. Kill all processes by a user 2. Uninstall certain packages 3. FTP over a new file 4. Kill a ldap process that is not allowing my /devdsk/c0t0d0s7 slice to un-mount 5. Unmount /h 6. comment out the slice in vfstab 7. newfs the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comment a line with SED

I have around 25 hosts and each hosts has 4 instance of jboss and 4 different ip attached to it . I need to make some changes to the startup scripts. Any tips appreciated. I have total of 100 instances which bind to 100 different ip address based on instance name. For example File1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gubbu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed adding/removing comment in crontab

I have a requirement where I want to add a comment '#' in my crontab, run a process, than remove the '#' I added. Example cron #5,10 * * * * ls -lt /tmp 10,5 * * * * ls -lt /var I would like to be able use sed or awk to add a '#' at the begining of each line. After the command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed escape character for comment string "/*"

Good afternoon all, I'm hoping my newbie question can help bolster someone's street_cred.sh today. I'm trying to "fingerprint" SQL on its way into the rdbms for a benchmarking process (so I can tie the resource allocation back to the process more precisely). To do this, I'm essentially... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toeharp
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk script to replace only FIRST comment in the file

My first comment on every file contains the license message. I want to replace with a new license message. I used the below sed script, which replaces all comments. What is the modification or any other method with awk script for the below to edit only the first comment(license message)? #sed -f... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vpshastry
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

One Line Command how to use pipe statements to execute and comment on multiple possible outcomes

Hello Forum, I'm looking to expand the following command: INACTIVE_KERNELS=$(python -mplatform | grep -qi red && rpm -qa | grep '^kernel-' |grep -vE `uname -r` | paste -sd \; || echo "Not Red Hat Server") Currently this command will check if my server is RedHat server using the grep -qi... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greavette
6 Replies
lookbib(1)							   User Commands							lookbib(1)

NAME
lookbib - find references in a bibliographic database SYNOPSIS
lookbib database DESCRIPTION
A bibliographic reference is a set of lines, constituting fields of bibliographic information. Each field starts on a line beginning with a `%', followed by a key-letter, then a blank, and finally the contents of the field, which may continue until the next line starting with `%'. The lookbib utility uses an inverted index made by indxbib to find sets of bibliographic references. It reads keywords typed after the `>' prompt on the terminal, and retrieves records containing all these keywords. If nothing matches, nothing is returned except another `>' prompt. It is possible to search multiple databases, as long as they have a common index made by indxbib(1). In that case, only the first argument given to indxbib is specified to lookbib. If lookbib does not find the index files (the .i[abc] files), it looks for a reference file with the same name as the argument, without the suffixes. It creates a file with a .ig suffix, suitable for use with fgrep (see grep(1)). lookbib then uses this fgrep file to find refer- ences. This method is simpler to use, but the .ig file is slower to use than the .i[abc] files, and does not allow the use of multiple reference files. FILES
x.ia x.ib x.ic index files x.ig reference file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdoc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
addbib(1), grep(1), indxbib(1), refer(1), roffbib(1), sortbib(1), attributes(5) BUGS
Probably all dates should be indexed, since many disciplines refer to literature written in the 1800s or earlier. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 lookbib(1)