Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lib files
Operating Systems AIX Lib files Post 302861499 by tostay2003 on Wednesday 9th of October 2013 05:18:01 AM
Old 10-09-2013
Lib files

Hi All,

I am trying to install IIS Suite application on AIX box. It gave an error as below

Code:
Ensure the following libraries do not exist: /usr/lib/libicuio.a, /usr/lib/libicuuc.a, /usr/lib/libicui18n.a. These libraries may cause uvsh to not work properly.

I manually removed these files by executing

Code:
sudo rm /usr/lib/libicuio.a 
sudo rm /usr/lib/libicuuc.a
sudo rm /usr/lib/libicui18n.a

I don't see these files after executing the remove command, but my application still shows the error. Any idea what might be happening ?

Thanks & Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Including lib files when compiling

I am using the C compiler included with AIX 4.3.3. I am unable to include libraries when I try to create the executable. Is there a switch that has to be used at compile time to make this happen?? Can anyone help?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewl68
2 Replies

2. Programming

LIB question

a program on linux uses three libs: libutil.a libtermcap.a libpthread.a. If I want to transplant this program to Solaris, where can I get the three libs? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hewlet
2 Replies

3. Linux

ct-lib on Lynix

Hi Friends ! Where can I get free ct-lib for Lynix ?? My problem is something like this-- Sybase server is running on a Solaris machine. Now I trying to access the Sybase from a Lynix machine for which i need ct-lib. I tried by downloading some free ct-libs for Lynix on the net, but they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrgubbala
2 Replies

4. Programming

To use lib or lib32?

A good day to you, dear experts, I am a newbie, I noticed in binutils or gcc there are lib and lib32 and lib64, to take binutils as an example, My system is sgi IRIX6.5, which is suggested to use "n32" flag during the compiling and linking, is that mean that I need to use lib32? Q1. which one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakeat
2 Replies

5. Programming

2D Graphics Lib

Hi, I am on Fedora9 and need to do some simple 2D graphics (for game development). I am looking for an ideal 2D library/package to be used with GCC. I have come accross GRX, libmxi and some OpenGL (The 3D), but none of which seems to be ok. I could not find any tutorial or support material... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nasersh
1 Replies

6. Programming

Question on using gd lib with c++

Hello, I'm trying to use gd with c++ in linux. Previously, I had already succeed using the gd lib in windows through gdwin32. Now I would like to run the program in linux but i'm not sure how to do it. I'm currently try running it in cygwin, but I couldn't compiled it. Any suggestion? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahrulb
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

ls: /lib/libattr.so.1: no version information available (required by /lib/libacl.so.1)

Hello, I'm experimenting a problem on my rh server. Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 8) 2.4.21-47.ELsmp #1 SMP i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux It started with a segmentation fault on #id root To resolve it, I've installed coreutils-4.5.3-28.4.i386.rpm But, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Lib missing

Hai dear, I am installing some application on linux RedHat 9 It gives me following discrepancies lib.so.6 (GLIBC_2.3.4) needed lib.so.6 (GLIBC_2.4) needed libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.3.3) needed rtld(GNU_HASH) needed i tried to search a lot on internet to find relative rpm for these libs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
3 Replies

9. AIX

LIB Version

Hi...please help with command to find the library version on AIX server ---------- Post updated at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:31 PM ---------- AIX version is 6.1.Please (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanal
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't CD to lib ??? why

Hi, I have root access and user name called prod. but it doesn't matter which user I log in as. But I can't CD to the directory. Can you advise. dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 1 Sep 12 15:40 lib $id uid=4902(prod) gid=50(develop) $cd lib -bash: cd: lib: Permission... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)