Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create excel file using bash script Post 302861447 by MR.bean on Wednesday 9th of October 2013 03:53:17 AM
Old 10-09-2013
For bash, I believe the best you could do is to create a CSV file.
If you could do it in perl, making an excel file is possible.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create excel file

Hi, How can I create an excel file from a txt file using shell script. Please do a help for me. Thanks, Regards, Milton (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create an .csv/excel file using shellscript

In my file, i have 4 Product names(For ex:Microsoft excel, Oracle,.Net,IBM websphere,..etc.,) I want this 4 Products in 4 individual .csv/excel file after running the script with those products related information. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navya
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a .sh file for an equivalent Excel VBA code

Hi guys, I am new to Unix, Need your help here. I have installed cygwin software (Unix) in my computer (Windows vista). Now i want to create a shell script (.sh file)/other script which is equivalent of VBA code (at the bottom) and then put this .sh file into bin directory of c:/cygwin. so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bansalpankaj88
7 Replies

4. Programming

CGI Perl script to execute bash script- unable to create folder

Hi I have a bash script which takes parameters sh /tmp/gdg.sh -b BASE-NAME -n 1 -s /source/data -p /dest/data/archive -m ARC gdg.sh will scan the /source/data and will move the contents to /dest/data/archive after passing through some filters. Its working superb from bash I have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create separate files from one excel file with multiple sheets

Hi, I have one requirement, create separate files (".csv") from one excel file(xlsx) with multiple sheets. These ".csv" files are my source files. So anybody please suggest me the process. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Harris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create a simple bash backup script of a file

This is the problem: Write a script that will make a backup of a file giving it a ‘.bak’ extension & verify that it works. I have tried a number of different scripts that haven't worked and I haven't seen anything really concise and to the point via google. For brevity's sake this is one of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: demet8
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Create excel file(.csv) using shell script?

Hi, i have shell script which compiles n number of test cases and execute them one by one. i want to create report in excel through script in which two columns namely "test id" and "release".second column have two subcolumns namely compiles and excutes. so i want first column should display test... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: RamMore123
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies
PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)					      General Commands Manual					     PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
pct-scanner-script - easy scan and create merged DjVu and PDF documents for archiving SYNOPSIS
pct-scanner-script [--help] DESCRIPTION
pct-scanner-script is a bash script and configuration system to easily scan documents and create a digital archiving. It can create DjVu PDF and JPEG outputs, in merged and individual files. It also has a configuration system where different configurations can be defined, making it easy to switch between configurations. Please use pct-scanner-script --help to find all program options, the complete help, and all examples. Features: - auto archiving in merged and individual DjVu, PDF, and JPEG files - auto and manual resume when scanning somehow fails - cascading configuration system, for easy customizing - easy command-line-style bash program, with useful options - archiving made possible with both adf and flatbed scanners - built for productivity and daily use - uses bash, scanadf and other mainstream processing tools - multilanguage commandline output OPTIONS
-h, --help, -? Show summary of options, help, and examples. DEBUGGING
This program is a helper script to easy scan and automated digital document archiving for normal and adf scanners. You can debug this script by running it as bash -x pct-scanner-script [options]. The script is just a nice wrapper for the scanadf, DjVu and PDF tools. SEE ALSO
scanadf(1), AUTHOR
pct-scanner-script and this manual page are written by: Jelle de Jong <jelledejong@powercraft.nl>. March 31, 2009 PCT-SCANNER-SCRIPT(1)