Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Printing into two files under difference situation Post 302861393 by Smiling Dragon on Tuesday 8th of October 2013 08:59:43 PM
Old 10-08-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by grace_shen
Thank you so much!But is it perl or shell script? I am sorry for the easy questions. I usually working on Perl, but it is not like the regular one. How can I run it? Run under the linux command line?

---------- Post updated at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:37 PM ----------

thank you so much for the reply, but I am really a newbie in coding, could u please add some comment on each line so that it is easy for me to refer and adjust. Thank you so much and I really appreciate all the help.
It's unix commandline, but also works in a shell script.
If you make a new file, put:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

As the first line, then the code below in it. You'll be able to run it as a script.
Otherwise, can just copy paste the entire thing into your shell on the commandline at it'll work.

Version with comments:
Code:
#Run the following for every file in the current directory that ends with ".gff" - note that it might
# get confused if you have gff files with a space in the filename.
for file in *.gff
do
  # Find the filename prefix by removing the ".gff" part of the filename
  fileprefix=`echo "$file" | sed 's/\.gff$//'`
  # Go through the .gff file line by line
  cat ${file} | while read line
  do
    # by default, assume we want to include all lines in the "yes" file
    include="yes"
    # For each word on the given line, see if it's present in "name.txt"
    for entry in $line
    do
      # If it is not present, then we know we need to put this line in the "no" file instead
      grep "$entry" name.txt > /dev/null || include=""
    done
    # If we get to the end and $include still has something in it ("yes") then we know we found all the entries on this line
    # So we add it to the "yes" file, otherwise the "no" file
    if [ -n "$include" ]
    then
      echo "${line}" >> "${fileprefix}_yes.gff"
    else
      echo "${line}" >> "${fileprefix}_no.gff"
    fi
  done
  # move onto the next line in the current .gff file
done
# move onto the next gff file

I suspect that perl would be able to do this a little more effiicently by loading the name.txt file into memory, allowing faster checks. But I usually only reach for perl if shell can't do it within a reasonable amount of time/effort.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Challenging situation for the MODERATORS

Well, I hope this way you will respond to my inquiries. I have 4 unix servers,with static ips (though i dont think this is an issue)....i can telnet and rlogin from one to the other....if i FTP from on et othe other and try to execute : cd /user return /user : no such file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

current situation

hello..what is the current situation or lastest version of UNIX?? Is there any where i can read more about it?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joanne6298
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed situation

Hi, I'm looking for someone who can think in sed. Basically, I need the trailing characters on every line in a file to be deleted. These characters are all in capitals, and always follow a number, but they often vary in number For instance, on the line: 2006_10_9_p20_TALK I'd want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laurel Maury
4 Replies

4. Programming

strange situation in file

Hi All, I am writing some data's into a file from C++ program. The files which i am writing is of fixed length . say 232 in length per line. I am writing as . my c code is as ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help : crisis situation !!

Hi I had deleted important files from my company server :( the server is HPUX and i don't know how to undo rm command or how to restore the files .. iam appreciate for any help Thanx ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eisa
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Columns and printing the difference from a particular file

Gurus, I have one file which is having multiple columns and also this file is not always contain the exact columns; sometimes it contains 5 columns or 12 columns. Now, I need to find the difference from that particular file. Here is the sample file: param1 | 10 | 20 | 30 | param2 | 10 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzusa
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Columns comparision of two large size files and printing the difference

Hi Experts, My requirement is to compare the second field/column in two files, if the second column is same in both the files then compare the first field. If the first is not matching then print the first and second fields of both the files. first file (a .txt) < 1210018971FF0000,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krao
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat files situation

Hello, I am PhD student (Biomedical sciences) and very new to Linux. I need some help with the following task : I have files in the following format for their names : An_A1_nnn_R1.txt; An_A1_nnm_R1.txt; An_A1_nnoo_R1.txt An_A2_nnn_R1.txt; An_A2_nnm_R1.txt; An_A2_nno_R1.txt ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Julio Finalet
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare line and printing difference

Hi, I want to compare two files and print out their differences e.g: t1.txt a,b,c,d t2.txt a,b,c,d,e,f Output e,f Currently I do this long about way tr ',' '\n' <t1.txt >t1.tmp tr ',' '\n' <t2.txt >t2.tmp diff t1.tmp t2.tmp > t12.tmp I have to this comparison for 100 files, so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing two files and list the difference with common first line content of both files

I have two file as given below which shows the ACL permissions of each file. I need to compare the source file with target file and list down the difference as specified below in required output. Can someone help me on this ? Source File ************* # file: /local/test_1 # owner: own #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
4 Replies
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::vista_plot(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     Bio::Graphics::Glyph::vista_plot(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::vista_plot - The "vista_plot" glyph SYNOPSIS
See Bio::Graphics::Glyph, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::wiggle_xyplot and Bio::Graphics::Glyph::heat_map. DESCRIPTION
This glyph draws peak calls (features with discreet boundaries, i.e. putative transcription sites, over signal graph (wiggle_xyplot) requires a special load gff file that uses attributes 'wigfile' and 'peak_type' Example: 2L chip_seq vista 5407 23011573 . . . Name=ChipSeq Exp 1;wigfile=SomeWigFile.wigdb;peak_type=binding_site:exp1 The glyph will draw the wiggle file first, than overlay the peaks (if there are any) over signal graph. Elsewhere in the GFF3 file, there should be one or more features of type "binding_site:exp1", e.g.: 2L exp1 binding_site 91934 92005 . . . Options like 'balloon hover' and 'link' are available to customize interaction with peaks in detail view. BigWig support: Supported bigwig format also requires another attribute to be supplied in load gff file (fasta) which specifies sequence index file for the organism in use. The data file should have the 'bw' extension - it is used to detect the BigWig format by vista_plot 3L chip_seq vista 1 24543530 . . . Name=ChipSeq Exp 2;wigfile=SomeBigWigFile.bw;peak_type=binding_site:exp2;fasta=YourOrganism.fasta Note that all attributes should be present in load gff, as the code currently does not handle situation when only some of the attributes are in gff. To omit peak or signal drawing use "" (i.e. peak_type="") In both cases, the stanza code will look the same (only essential parameters shown): [VISTA_PLOT] feature = vista:chip_seq glyph = vista_plot label = 1 smoothing = mean smoothing_window = 10 bump density = 250 autoscale = local variance_band = 1 max_peak = 255 min_peak = 1 peakwidth = 3 start_color = lightgray end_color = black pos_color = blue neg_color = orange bgcolor = orange alpha = 80 fgcolor = black database = database_with_load_gff_data box_subparts = 1 bicolor_pivot = min key = VISTA plot OPTIONS
Options are the same as for wiggle_xyplot and heat_map Additional parameters: alpha set transparency for peak area. glyph_subtype Display only 'peaks', 'signal', 'density' or 'peaks+signal'. Aliases for 'peaks+signal' include "both" and "vista". Recommended global settings: for proper peak drawing transparency should be enabled by setting truecolors=1 in GBrowse.conf file BUGS
Please report them. SEE ALSO
Bio::Graphics::Panel Bio::Graphics::Glyph Bio::Graphics::Glyph::wiggle_xyplot Bio::Graphics::Glyph::heat_map GD AUTHOR
Peter Ruzanov pruzanov@oicr.on.ca Copyright (c) 2010 Ontario Institute for Cancer Research This package and its accompanying libraries is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GPL (either version 1, or at your option, any later version) or the Artistic License 2.0. Refer to LICENSE for the full license text. In addition, please see DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-20 Bio::Graphics::Glyph::vista_plot(3pm)