Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Alternative command for topas Post 302861077 by sumanthupar on Tuesday 8th of October 2013 05:04:05 AM
Old 10-08-2013
but mpstat dont give the info what i am lookin for

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command topas

hi, everybody i have a problem about performane in unix when i run topas, there 1 form show, there are many parameter about memory,cpu,.... i want to know detail about those example : MEMORY Real,MB 12287 % Comp 25.0 % Noncomp 75.8 % Client 0.5 comp mean ? 25 mean ? 25MB or 25%memory... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tokienlua
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with TOPAS command

I used the TOPAS command to get top 20 process information by routing the output to a file. But the output is not very readable. can ayone explain how to read the output, or how to interpret the information? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginnyr1
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TOPAS command in Unix

Hi, I am able to see the output of TOP command in my unix server whereas i could not see for TOPAS $ topas nologin: topas: not found May i know what is topas in unix and how to resolve this? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with topas command

How do i display only one iteration of topas command. Ideally i would topas -P to show only one instance rather than keep on running. is there any swicth? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
1 Replies

5. AIX

Record topas command output

How to record output of below command in a text file. topas -P or is there any other command which will do the same thing in AIX. I would like to get a report something similar to below commands. top -b prstat -c (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
5 Replies

6. AIX

Need help on topas command

Hi, how to grep data from topas command...for example i have to grep owner from topas command Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
2 Replies

7. AIX

Need to grep two lines from the topas command through a Korn Script

I need to grep two lines from topas command in one of my AIX server. Topas Monitor for host: semas001 EVENTS/QUEUES FILE/TTY Wed Jan 29 10:12:06 2014 Interval: 2 Cswitch 764 Readch 4473.1K Syscall 5166 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
4 Replies

8. AIX

To get only the cpu info from the topas command terminal

To get only the cpu info from the topas command terminal. CPU User% Kern% Wait% Idle% Physc Entc ALL 2.3 4.4 0.0 93.3 0.07 7.7 I tried some thing like this but did not work topas << done grep "ALL" q done Can someone help me in this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpm120
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maxdepth command not working in AIX.Need alternative solution for this command

Hi All, I am trying to select 30 days older files under current directory ,but not from subdirectory using below command. find <Dir> -type f -mtime + 30 This command selecting all the files from current directory and also from sub directory . I read some documention through internet ,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kommineni
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Alternative to cp command

Good Afternoon, I'm backing up a folder from one NAS to another using a unix script using cp. Its a lot of files and takes several days to complete. Most of the files don't change from week to week. Is there a command that would be quicker? Also note, the backup needs to be ready-to-use in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
5 Replies
LASTCOMM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       LASTCOMM(1)

NAME
lastcomm -- show last commands executed in reverse order SYNOPSIS
lastcomm [-f file] [command ...] [user ...] [terminal ...] DESCRIPTION
lastcomm gives information on previously executed commands. With no arguments, lastcomm prints information about all the commands recorded during the current accounting file's lifetime. Option: -f file Read from file rather than the default accounting file. If called with arguments, only accounting entries with a matching command name, user name, or terminal name are printed. So, for example: lastcomm a.out root ttyd0 would produce a listing of all the executions of commands named a.out by user root on the terminal ttyd0. For each process entry, the following are printed. o The name of the user who ran the process. o Flags, as accumulated by the accounting facilities in the system. o The command name under which the process was called. o The amount of cpu time used by the process (in seconds). o The time the process started. o The elapsed time of the process. The flags are encoded as follows: ``S'' indicates the command was executed by the super-user, ``F'' indicates the command ran after a fork, but without a following exec, ``C'' indicates the command was run in PDP-11 compatibility mode (VAX only), ``D'' indicates the command termi- nated with the generation of a core file, and ``X'' indicates the command was terminated with a signal. FILES
/var/account/acct Default accounting file. SEE ALSO
last(1), sigaction(2), acct(5), core(5) HISTORY
The lastcomm command appeared in 3.0BSD. 3rd Berkeley Distribution June 6, 1993 3rd Berkeley Distribution