Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to mount a shared LUN between two hosts? Post 302860775 by DustinT on Monday 7th of October 2013 07:41:55 AM
Old 10-07-2013
So, we have three threads from the same user on the same topic. Can they be merged, please?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ssh with shared mount point

I have 3 nodes and I want to set up ssh between them. Normnally I am fine with that but I am a bit stumped because for the Oracle user we have a shared mountpoint (/home/oracle) across all 3 nodes I create my rsa and dsa files in ~/.shh as node1_id_rsa / node1_id_dsa (for each of the 3 modes)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: devjxh
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris 10 autofs - how to mount /net (hosts)

Hello Everyone, I am working with Solaris 10 autofs feature. On the server (and client) in /etc/auto_master I have this entry: /net -hosts -nosuid,nobrowse On the server, I have shared out /var/tmp, started the nfs server and issued the shareall command. When I issue share I can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anies rahman
1 Replies

3. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

4. AIX

Mount a SAN LUN which contains clone copy - AIX 6.1

Hello Everyone, Can someone help me to mount a SAN hdisk which contains a clone data copy(san) of the remote server to the another machine. Both servers are running in AIX. Thanks in advance ! Regards, Gowtham.G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

import lun data to mount point - Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I have EMC Storage and from this storage I have maped lun5 to Sun Solaris server and I have created on this lun mount point with name /application I have anothere Sun Solaris server and I'll colne lun5 to lun10 from storage level so the data of lun5 will be in lun10 how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

Need to mount LUN on two linux boxs (one rw the other ro) caveat details inside

Calling all Linux GURU's. The purpose of this thread is to try an recreate what we already have stood up in my environment, however the steps i am having to produce my own. I have got multiple applications that dump the data to various LUNs, the LUNs are managed by an Enterprise SAN... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcejka
11 Replies

7. HP-UX

Shared a Disk between two hosts

Hello people. I need to shared a disk between two virtuals hosts in the same Guest, and I don't see any help about this. I'm working on HP-UX 11.31 Thanks to all.:b: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cegamboav
2 Replies

8. Linux

Mount a newly added LUN on a GNU/Linux distro

Hi I am not familiar with the linux, but I was asked to create a file system on a LUN from the NetApp that was mapped to the linux server. The server is runing: uname -a Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-92.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 29 13:16:15 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux and now... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

Unable to mount shared folder from Linux server

Hi all, I have 3 servers, rx2600, rx2600, and rx2660. I have another x86 server running on Suse, and create a shared folder named /public From 1 of the rx2600 server I can mount that shared folder : intaqa:/>mount 10.1.2.82:/public /bkup intaqa:/>cd /bkup But from 2 others server I... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: rexmale
29 Replies

10. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies
chatwidget(3tk) 				      Composite widget for chat applications					   chatwidget(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
chatwidget - Provides a multi-paned view suitable for display of chat room or irc channel information SYNOPSIS
package require Tk 8.5 package require chatwidget ?1.0.0? ::chatwidget::chatwidget path ?options? $widget topic command args $widget name nick args $widget message text args $widget hook command args $widget names args $widget entry args $widget chat args _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This is a composite widget designed to simplify the construction of chat applications. The widget contains display areas for chat messages, user names and topic and an entry area. It automatically handles colourization of messages per nick and manages nick completion. A system of hooks permit the application author to adjust display features. The main chat display area may be split for use displaying history or for searching. The widget is made up of a number of text widget and panedwindow widgets so that the size of each part of the display may be adjusted by the user. All the text widgets may be accessed via widget passthrough commands if fine adjustment is required. The topic and names sections can also be hidden if desired. COMMANDS
::chatwidget::chatwidget path ?options? Create a new chatwidget using the Tk window id path. Any options provided are currently passed directly to the main chat text wid- get. WIDGET COMMANDS
$widget topic command args The chat widget can display a topic string, for instance the topic or name given to a multi-user chatroom or irc channel. show Enable display of the topic. hide Disable display of the topic set topic Set the topic text to topic. $widget name nick args Control the names and tags associated with names. list ?-full? Returns a list of all the user names from the names view. If -full is given then the list returned is a list of lists where each sublist is made up of the nick followed by any options that have been set on this nick entry. This may be used to exam- ine any application specific options that may be applied to a nick when using the add command. add nick ?options? delete nick $widget message text args Add messages to the display. options are -nick, -time, -type, -mark -tags $widget hook command args Manage hooks. add (message, post names_group, names_nick, chatstate), remove, run $widget names args Passthrough to the name display text widget. See the text widget manual for all available commands. The chatwidget provides two additional commands show and hide which are used to control the display of this element in the widget. $widget entry args Passthrough to the entry text widget. See the text widget manual for all available commands. $widget chat args Passthrough to the chat text widget. See the text widget manual for all available commands. EXAMPLE
chatwidget::chatwidget .chat proc speak {w msg} {$w message $msg -nick user} .chat hook add post [list speak .chat] pack .chat -side top -fill both -expand 1 .chat topic show .chat topic set "Chat widget demo" .chat name add "admin" -group admin .chat name add "user" -group users -color tomato .chat message "Chatwidget ready" -type system .chat message "Hello, user" -nick admin .chat message "Hello, admin" -nick user A more extensive example is available by examining the code for the picoirc program in the tclapps repository which ties the tcllib picoirc package to this chatwidget package to create a simple irc client. SEE ALSO
text(3tk) KEYWORDS
chat, chatwidget, composite widget, irc, mega-widget, widget chatwidget 1.0.0 chatwidget(3tk)