Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract lines with unique value using a specific column Post 302860639 by sea on Sunday 6th of October 2013 11:14:05 PM
Old 10-07-2013
This should work:
Code:
grep ^#CHROM file
grep chr[23] file

Where file refers to /path/to/file

Last edited by sea; 10-07-2013 at 12:23 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract first column with a specific character

Hi All, Below is the sample data of my files: O|A|571000689|D|S|PNH|S|SI sadm|ibscml1x| I|A|571000689|P|S|PNH|S|SI sadm|ibscml1x| O|A|571000689|V|S|PNH|S|SI sadm|ibscml1x| S|C|CAM|D|S|PNH|R|ZOA|2004 bscml1x| ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: selamba_warrior
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete rows with unique value for specific column

Hi all I have a file which looks like this 1234|1|Jon|some text|some text 1234|2|Jon|some text|some text 3453|5|Jon|some text|some text 6533|2|Kate|some text|some text 4567|3|Chris|some text|some text 4567|4|Maggie|some text|some text 8764|6|Maggie|some text|some text My third column is my... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: A-V
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract lines with specific words with addition 2 lines before and after

Dear all, Greetings. I would like to ask for your help to extract lines with specific words in addition 2 lines before and after these lines by using awk or sed. For example, the input file is: 1 ak1 abc1.0 1 ak2 abc1.0 1 ak3 abc1.0 1 ak4 abc1.0 1 ak5 abc1.1 1 ak6 abc1.1 1 ak7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amanda Low
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in each row of a specific column using awk

Is it possible to remove redundant names in the 4th column? input cqWE 100 200 singapore;singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland;germany .... .... output cqWE 100 200 singapore AZO 300 400 brazil;america;germany;ireland (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print unique names in a specific column using awk

Is it possible to modify file like this. 1. Remove all the duplicate names in a define column i.e 4th col 2. Count the no.of unique names separated by ";" and print as a 5th col thanx in advance!! Q input c1 30 3 Eh2 c10 96 3 Frp c41 396 3 Ua5;Lop;Kol;Kol c62 2 30 Fmp;Fmp;Fmp ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from a specific column to the end

Hello friends, I have a text file with many columns (no. columns vary from row to row) separated by space. I need to collect all the values from 18th column to the end from each line and group them as pairs and then numbering like below.. 1. 18th-col-value 19th-col-value 2. 20th-col-value ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count frequency of unique values in specific column

Hi, I have tab-deliminated data similar to the following: dot is-big 2 dot is-round 3 dot is-gray 4 cat is-big 3 hot in-summer 5 I want to count the frequency of each individual "unique" value in the 1st column. Thus, the desired output would be as follows: dot 3 cat 1 hot 1 is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines

Data file example I look for primary and * to isolate the interesting slot number. slot=`sed '/^primary$/,/\*/!d' filename | tail -1 | sed s'/*//' | awk '{print $1" "$2}'` Now I want to get the Touch line for only the associate slot number, in this case, because the asterisk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two tables including multiple ocurrence of column identifiers and unique lines

I would like to merge two tables based on column 1: File 1: 1 today 1 green 2 tomorrow 3 red File 2: 1 a lot 1 sometimes 2 at work 2 at home 2 sometimes 3 new 4 a lot 5 sometimes 6 at work (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BSP
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter out lines containing unique values in a specified column

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain four columns of strings: File1: Code: 123 abc gfh 273 456 ddff jfh 837 789 ghi u4u 395 File2: Code: 123 abc dd fu 456 def 457 nd 891 384 djh 783 I want to compare the strings in Column 1 of File 1 with each other file and Print in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
3 Replies
PR(1)							      General Commands Manual							     PR(1)

NAME
pr - print file SYNOPSIS
pr [ option ... ] [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Pr produces a printed listing of one or more files on its standard output. The output is separated into pages headed by a date, the name of the file or a specified header, and the page number. With no file arguments, pr prints its standard input. Options apply to all following files but may be reset between files: -n Produce n-column output. +n Begin printing with page n. -b Balance columns on last page, in case of multi-column output. -d Double space. -en Set the tab stops for input text every n spaces. -h Take the next argument as a page header (file by default). -in Replace sequences of blanks in the output by tabs, using tab stops set every n spaces. -f Use formfeeds to separate pages. -ln Take the length of the page to be n lines instead of the default 66. -m Print all files simultaneously, each in one column. -n Number the lines of each file. -on Offset the left margin n character positions. -sc Separate columns by the single character c instead of aligning them with white space. A missing c is taken to be a tab. -t Do not print the 5-line header or the 5-line trailer normally supplied for each page. -wn For multi-column output, take the width of the page to be n characters instead of the default 72. SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/pr.c SEE ALSO
cat(1), lp(1) PR(1)