Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Xen Virtual Manager
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Xen Virtual Manager Post 302860599 by bakunin on Sunday 6th of October 2013 05:34:50 PM
Old 10-06-2013
Are you running paravirtualised or full-virtualised (HVM, hardware assisted virtualisation)?

You do know that you need to boot Xens own (patched) kernel first, because it can't run from a standard kernel, don't you?

Sorry, if i state the obvious, i just want to make sure the simple issues are all covered.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem regarding :::: Xen virtual console

hello, I am using fedora core 6. and there is Xen Virtual Console installed in my system ....due to which I am not able to use my serial ports....... What is thi Xen virtual console and what it does????? So, Can I unintall this Xen virtual Console..... or any method so that I can use my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
3 Replies

2. Linux

LVM (volume manager) and virtual disks

:eek: Hi guys, I'm pulling my hair out over this one. I am trying to set up a virtual server environment. ( I am using VirtualBox, but I think this is irrelevant to this problem.) I have downloaded a pre-packaged Linux virtual disk, with which I have successfully started a virtual instance of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

error on virtual manager

In red hat linux server 6 I start up virtual manager and I get below error prompt. Package reuired for KVM usage The following packages are not installed qemu-kvm These are required to create KVM guests locally. Would you like to install them now . I press yes but the package cannot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool Hi, I don't seem to have the Virtual Machine Manager Desktop tool set up on my RHEL6 Machine. The Linux machine runs off VMWare player and I'm not sure whether it is a VMWare software issue or a problem with the RHEL6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
2 Replies
XEN-LIST-IMAGES(8)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					XEN-LIST-IMAGES(8)

NAME
xen-list-images - List all the created and configured Xen images. SYNOPSIS
xen-list-image [options] Help Options: --help Show this scripts help information. --manual Read this scripts manual. --version Show the version number and exit. Testing options: --test Specify an alternate Xen configuration directory. OPTIONS
--help Show the scripts help information. --manual Read the manual. --test This flag causes the script to load the Xen configuration files from a different directory than the default of /etc/xen. --version Show the version number and exit. DESCRIPTION
xen-list-images is a simple script which will display all the Xen images which have been created. This works by iterating over all files matching the pattern /etc/xen/*.cfg which is what the xen-create-image script would create. For each instance which has been created we'll display the name, and then either the IP address configured, or "DHCP" to denote a dynamic host. TODO
It should be possible to determine the disk(s) used by the images, and then display their sizes. AUTHORS
Steve Kemp, http://www.steve.org.uk/ StA~Xphane Jourdois LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2005-2009 by Steve Kemp, (c) 2010 by The Xen-Tools Development Team. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The LICENSE file contains the full text of the license. 4.3.1 2012-06-30 XEN-LIST-IMAGES(8)