Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Xen Virtual Manager
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Xen Virtual Manager Post 302860587 by jgt on Sunday 6th of October 2013 05:06:23 PM
Old 10-06-2013
Xen Virtual Manager

Never used this before, so I just did the simple thing, and tried installing an OS.
The only OS that worked is Suse Linux. All the rest hung at the select OS screen. Do other OS's (like Windows/Unix) have to have drivers or a configuration file, etc, installed prior to running the install.
Well there is a typo in the title, it should be Xen.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: no problem, we are here to help. Changed the threads title for you.

Last edited by bakunin; 10-06-2013 at 06:30 PM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem regarding :::: Xen virtual console

hello, I am using fedora core 6. and there is Xen Virtual Console installed in my system ....due to which I am not able to use my serial ports....... What is thi Xen virtual console and what it does????? So, Can I unintall this Xen virtual Console..... or any method so that I can use my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
3 Replies

2. Linux

LVM (volume manager) and virtual disks

:eek: Hi guys, I'm pulling my hair out over this one. I am trying to set up a virtual server environment. ( I am using VirtualBox, but I think this is irrelevant to this problem.) I have downloaded a pre-packaged Linux virtual disk, with which I have successfully started a virtual instance of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: otheus
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

error on virtual manager

In red hat linux server 6 I start up virtual manager and I get below error prompt. Package reuired for KVM usage The following packages are not installed qemu-kvm These are required to create KVM guests locally. Would you like to install them now . I press yes but the package cannot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool Hi, I don't seem to have the Virtual Machine Manager Desktop tool set up on my RHEL6 Machine. The Linux machine runs off VMWare player and I'm not sure whether it is a VMWare software issue or a problem with the RHEL6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
2 Replies
MOD-ACTIVE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     MOD-ACTIVE(8)

NAME
mod-active - batch processing of ctlinnd newgroup/rmgroup/changegroup SYNOPSIS
mod-active [ ctlinnd_command_file ] DESCRIPTION
mod-active is a perl script that updates the active file based on its input lines of ctlinnd newgroup, rmgroup and changegroup commands. It pauses the server briefly while the existing active file is read and rewritten, which not only keeps innd from updating the active file but also locks against other instances of mod-active. The input to mod-active can come either from one or more files named on the command line, or from the standard input. Typically its input is the output from the docheckgroups or actsync commands. Every line which contains the string "ctlinnd newgroup", "ctlinnd rmgroup" or "ctlinnd changegroup", optionally preceded by whitespace and/or the path to ctlinnd, is noted for the update. Redundant commands, such as a newgroup directive for a group that already exists, are silently ignored. All other lines in the input are also silently ignored. After the new active file has been generated, the existing one is renamed to active.old and the new one is moved into place. The script then displays the differences between the two files. Any groups that were added to the active file are also added to the active.times file with the string "checkgroups-update". BUGS
Though innd is paused while mod-active works, it is not inconceivable that there could be a conflict if something else tries to update the active file during the relatively short time that mod-active is working. The two most realistic ways I can think of for this to happen are either by an administrator concurrently doing a manual ctlinnd command, or by innd receiving a control message, then mod-active pausing the server, then the control message handler script that innd forked running its own ctlinnd command while mod-active is working. I've been using mod-active regularly for several years, though, and never had either problem. HISTORY
Written by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org>. SEE ALSO
active(5), actsync(8), ctlinnd(8), innd(8). MOD-ACTIVE(8)