Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare IP addresses and increment Post 302860573 by jethrow on Sunday 6th of October 2013 03:21:38 PM
Old 10-06-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu1234567
Thats cool but when its 254 i need to increment third oct....
Code:
c=`head -n1 file | cut -d. -f3`
d=`head -n1 file | cut -d. -f4`
oct3max=4

while (( c <= oct3max )); do
	while (( ++d <= 254 )); do
		echo 134.123.$c.$d >> NewFile.txt
	done; d=-1; ((c++));
done

Note - the appending in this code will take increasing longer as NewFile.txt grows. Increasing oct3max too high will w/o optimizing appending will take a long time to run.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ip addresses

this might sound corny but i need help finding out about finding a persons ip address can u halp? and another question what the hell does ping mean??? thank u. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonslayer100
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Ip Addresses

I'm not exactly sure what I can do with IPs... my friend won't tell me(don't ask me why, I figure it's cause he doesn't know either, hehe). I'm curious as to what theya re used for other than networking computers... if there IS any other purpose or use for them. That's all. --Evil_d00d (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evil_d00d
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

increment an integer

hi I want to echo the variable $i while it auto-increments till 21 I set initially i to 1 any idea how to do that? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment value (starttime)

Hi All, I have created a script... #!/bin/sh datafile=ABC2008101601.OUT indfile=ABCIND20081016.1.OUT waittime=600 starttime=0 while do if then echo "Indicator file has arrived." break else sleep 10; ((starttime=$starttime+10)) echo $starttime (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different ip addresses

Hello! I have logged in using Putty into another machine 'tele'. The ip address which i used to login to 'tele' is 192.168.1.3. Now while at 'tele' when i run "#ifconfig -a" i get the same ip address i.e, 192.168.1.3. But when i run "#arp tele" it gives the output: tele (10.143.128.8) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: suhail.sadaqat
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk - Compare fields and increment variables

Hi, My first post to this group... I have a need to to parse a source file which is a capture from a network analyser. I have two fields that need to be checked: - Field 7 represents the packet length (an integer), and Field 4 represents a network address (e.g. 192.168.25.3) - The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mv652
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment Gawk

Hi, I have a small query with gawk which i'm unsure how to solve. My csv input data is as follows: 1 58352.9 34549 -469.323 LINE_149 2 58352.9 34499 -469.323 LINE_149 3 58352.9 34549 -469.323 LINE_151 4 58352.9 34503.4 -489.841 LINE_151 5 58352.9 34549 -469.323 LINE_152 6 58352.9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: theflamingmoe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays that compare ip addresses.

I've been trying to have an array of ip addresses go through a loop one at a time. Then compare if the current element is in another array of ip addresses. I've traced my error with /bin/bash -x + for c in '"${ip}"' ./netk5: line 65: 50.17.231.23 23.64.146.110 23.64.159.139 107.14.36.129... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment time

I have to increment time ... by sec but i am getting the output like this. for m in {2..3} > do > for (( i = 1; i <= 13; i++ )) > do > echo "$m:$i" > done > done 2:1 2:2 2:3 2:4 2:5 2:6 2:7 2:8 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment the password value

I want a script which increments the count when the script runs. Basically I want to send an password reset email notification for an application, the password value should be keep on changing whenever the script is executed for example, first time i execute it should be password1, second time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JAGADESH GN
2 Replies
GET_ROBUST_LIST(2)						Linux System Calls						GET_ROBUST_LIST(2)

NAME
get_robust_list, set_robust_list - get/set list of robust futexes SYNOPSIS
#include <linux/futex.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <syscall.h> long get_robust_list(int pid, struct robust_list_head **head_ptr, size_t *len_ptr); long set_robust_list(struct robust_list_head *head, size_t len); Note: There are no glibc wrappers for these system calls; see NOTES. DESCRIPTION
The robust futex implementation needs to maintain per-thread lists of robust futexes which are unlocked when the thread exits. These lists are managed in user space; the kernel is notified about only the location of the head of the list. The get_robust_list() system call returns the head of the robust futex list of the thread whose thread ID is specified in pid. If pid is 0, the head of the list for the calling thread is returned. The list head is stored in the location pointed to by head_ptr. The size of the object pointed to by **head_ptr is stored in len_ptr. The set_robust_list() system call requests the kernel to record the head of the list of robust futexes owned by the calling thread. The head argument is the list head to record. The len argument should be sizeof(*head). RETURN VALUE
The set_robust_list() and get_robust_list() system calls return zero when the operation is successful, an error code otherwise. ERRORS
The set_robust_list() system call can fail with the following error: EINVAL len does not match the size of structure struct robust_list_head expected by kernel. The get_robust_list() system call can fail with the following errors: EPERM The calling process does not have permission to see the robust futex list of the thread with the thread ID pid, and does not have the CAP_SYS_PTRACE capability. ESRCH No thread with the thread ID pid could be found. EFAULT The head of the robust futex list can't be stored at the location head. VERSIONS
These system calls were added in Linux 2.6.17. NOTES
These system calls are not needed by normal applications. No support for them is provided in glibc. In the unlikely event that you want to call them directly, use syscall(2). A thread can have only one robust futex list; therefore applications that wish to use this functionality should use the robust mutexes pro- vided by glibc. SEE ALSO
futex(2) Documentation/robust-futexes.txt and Documentation/robust-futex-ABI.txt in the Linux kernel source tree Linux 2015-01-22 GET_ROBUST_LIST(2)