Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Frequent words and trigraphs in text Post 302860365 by Don Cragun on Saturday 5th of October 2013 06:23:17 PM
Old 10-05-2013
And, now I see that this is a duplicate of a thread you started in May: text statistics.

This thread is closed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display text between two words/characters

Using sed or awk, I need to display text between two words/characters. Below are two example inputs and the desired output. In a nutshell, I need the date-range value between the quotes (but only the first occurance of date-range as there can be more than one). Example One Input: xml-report... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmichaelson
1 Replies

2. Programming

Optimizing frequent file transfer?

Hi I have written a simple client/server(socket programming) application using TCP/IP. My server code runs on Linux and client is on windows. The concept is that the client request for files(on demand basis) to the server and the server sends it back to the client. As the client is attached to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akilan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Text Between Two Words

Hi all! Im trying to extract a portion of text from a KML and put it into a new file. Im trying to get all of the points out of it, ignoring everything else so I need only the text between <Placement> and </Placement>. Is there a way to make it extract all instances of these points and not just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select only the most frequent instances of a variable string in a file?

I've got a web access file that I want to grep (or awk or perl or whatever will work!) out the most frequent instances of unique IP entries. Meaning the file looks something like this: I'd like to run a sort or grep (or whatever) that will only select out the lines from IP's that had the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinmccallum
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find frequent occurance of a word in a line?

File_source.DAT 1|abc|abc|abc|abc|abc 2|abc|abc|efg|efg|def 3|abc|bcd|cde|def|efg 4|abc|abc|abc|def|efg ========================= Please help me to solve this as below using UNIX. ========================= File_output.DAT "1"|"abc" - as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scpyraj
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Frequent crashes in ESXi virtual Solaris machine

Anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this crash? This an x86 virtual machine I have running in ESXi at my house, so obviously no way to send the data to Oracle for analysis. Just curious if anyone has any ideas. I suspect motherboard problems with the x86 hardware, as I already... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help either with awk or sed to get text between words

Hello All, My requirement is to get test between two words START & END, something like html tags Eg. Input file: START Line1 Line2 Line3 CLOSE START Line4 Line5 Line6 END START Line7 START Line8 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: konerusuneel
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Words from Text

Hi there, Unix Gurus Back in September last year you helped me find a way to extract the words in brackets in a textfile to a new one. In that case my textfile was made up of sentences containing an only bracketed word per sentence/line: 1. If the boss's son had been , someone would... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldeingles
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for words NOT in a text file

I have a long list of alphanumberic words (no spaces or characters) in file1.txt I need to check for the existance of each of the words from file1.txt against file2.txt and if the word is NOT in file2.txt, I need to know about it, either standard output or redirect to file3.txt For example:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing most frequent string in column

I am trying to put together an script that will output the most frequent string in a column. This is what I have: awk '{count++} END {for ( i in count ) print i, count }' Of course, my script is outputting all different strings and counts. However, I just need the most frequent one (there... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
7 Replies
HXCOPY(1)							  HTML-XML-utils							 HXCOPY(1)

NAME
hxcopy - copy an HTML file and update its relative links SYNOPSIS
hxcopy [ -i old-URL ] [ -o new-URL ] [ file-or-URL [ file-or-URL ] ] DESCRIPTION
The hxcopy command copies its first argument to its second argument, while updating relative links. The input is assumed to be HTML or XHTML and may be slightly reformatted in the process. If the second argument is omitted, hxcopy writes to standard output. In this case the option -o is required. If the first argument is also omitted, hxcopy reads from standard input. In this case the option -i is required. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -i old-URL For the purposes of updating relative links, act as if old-URL is the location from which the input is copied. If this option is omitted, the actual location of the first argument is used for calculating relative links. -o new-URL For the purposed of updating relative links, act as if new-URL is the location to which the input is copied. If this option is omitted, the actual location of the second argument is used for calculating relative links. ENVIRONMENT
To use a proxy to retrieve remote files, set the environment variables http_proxy and ftp_proxy. E.g., http_proxy="http://localhost:8080/" BUGS
Unlike the last argument of cp(1), the last argument of hxcopy must be a file, not a directory. The second argument must be a local file. Writing to a URL is not yet implemented. To work around this, replace hxcopy file.html http://example.org/file.html by hxcopy -o http://example.org/file.html file.html tmp.html and then upload tmp.html to the given URL with some other command, such as curl(1). The first argument, however, may be a URL. hxcopy will download the given file. (Currently only HTTP is supported.) EXAMPLE
Assume the HTML file foo.html contains a relative link to "../bar.html". Here are some examples of commands: hxcopy foo.html bar/foo.html The file foo.html is copied to ../bar/foo.html and the relative link to "../bar.html" becomes "../../bar.html". hxcopy foo.html ../foo.html The file foo.html is copied to ../foo.html and the relative link to "../bar.html" is rewritten as "bar.html". hxcopy -i http://my.org/dir1/foo.html -o http://my.org/foo.html file1.html file2.html The file file1.html is copied to file2.html and the relative link to "../bar.html" is rewritten as "bar.html". A command like this may be useful to update files that are later uploaded to a server. SEE ALSO
cp(1), curl(1), hxwls(1) 6.x 9 Dec 2008 HXCOPY(1)