Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to run the batch script from shell scripting Post 302860259 by fpmurphy on Saturday 5th of October 2013 10:39:52 AM
Old 10-05-2013
How are you invoking the batch file on your Windows system from a Linux system? SSH server on the Windows system? If you explain your setup to us, we may be able to help you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a Script to run series of batch jobs on unix platform

Im new to unix shell scripting, I have to run batch jobs on unix. for example i have 5 jobs. first 2 can kickoff parallely. after completely finishing the 2 previous jobs the 3 job should kick off..once 3rd is over 4 th and 5th can kick off parallely. Each jobs run for 1 or 2 hours each. How to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venki311
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script.

Hi, When I run the below script in UNIX it's throwing syntax errors. Actually it's a windows batch script. Could anyone change the below Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script... Script: REM :: File Name : Refresh_OTL.bat REM :: Parameters : %1 - Region REM :: : %2 - Cube Type REM ::... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomailraj
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos batch script to execute unix shell script

Can anyone help me with a dos batch script to execute a shell script residing in an unix server. I am not able to use ssh. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a script using batch file?

the manual process which we follow is login to remote unix box thro putty using the unix account and password and then sudo to root user. server name:abc@server.com login as:pqrst password:****** $ sudo su - root then run the script stored on remote server under root account. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch script to run in SFTP

Hello Guys, I am writting a script which is SFTPing from Solaris to Windows. I need to run a Batch script in SFTP session (ongoing) which will map a network drive and then transfer my files. I can run the Batch script via SSH but not via SFTP and this mapping is limited to that SSH... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run multiple functions in Background in UNIX Shell Scripting?

Hi, I am using ksh , i have requirement to run 4 functions in background , 4 functions call are available in a case that case is also in function, i need to execute 1st function it should run in background and return to case and next i will call 2nd function it should run in background and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a shell script in remote server from windows batch file

Hi all, i need to run a shell script on remote server. I have created file .bat file in windows server with following code, c:\Users\Desktop\putty.exe -ssh -pw password user@server ./script.sh i need to run the script.sh in my remote server Above command is not working, any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rammm
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to write a script to run without password on a batch of servers?

I need run a command such as ps -ef |grep xxx on a batch of servers, how to write a script to run it without password? don't need go in each server to check? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch script to execute shell script in UNIX server

Hi team, My requirement is to transfer pdf files from windows machine to unix server and then from that unix server we should sftp to another server. I have completed the first part i.e From windows to using to unix server with the help of psftp.exe code: psftp user@host -pw password <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhupeshchavan
1 Replies
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)

NAME
DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32 - Determine the local system's time zone on Windows VERSION
version 1.63 SYNOPSIS
my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone->new( name => 'local' ); my $tz = DateTime::TimeZone::Local->TimeZone(); DESCRIPTION
This module provides methods for determining the local time zone on a Windows platform. HOW THE TIME ZONE IS DETERMINED
This class tries the following methods of determining the local time zone: o $ENV{TZ} It checks $ENV{TZ} for a valid time zone name. o Windows Registry When using the registry, we look for the Windows time zone and use a mapping to translate this to an Olson time zone name. o Windows Vista and 2008 We look in "SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/TimeZoneInformation/" for a node named "/TimeZoneKeyName". If this exists, we use this key to look up the Olson time zone name in our mapping. o Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server We look in "SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/Time Zones/" and loop through all of its sub keys. For each sub key, we compare the value of the key with "/Std" appended to the end to the value of "SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/TimeZoneInformation/StandardName". This gives us the English name of the Windows time zone, which we use to look up the Olson time zone name. o Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millenium Edition The algorithm is the same as for NT, but we loop through the sub keys of "SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Time Zones/" AUTHOR
Dave Rolsky <autarch@urth.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2013 by Dave Rolsky. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-10-28 DateTime::TimeZone::Local::Win32(3)