Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl : to get the no. of elements from DataDumper Post 302860171 by balajesuri on Friday 4th of October 2013 09:48:33 PM
Old 10-04-2013
Code:
#! /usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

my $VAR1 = {

'SYS-7-CLI_SCHEDULER_LOG_STORED' => [
                                                {
                                                  'template' => 'Logfile for scheduled CLI execution job is stored in flash memory',
                                                  'regex' => 'Logfile for scheduled CLI execution job \'tech-support\' is stored in flash memory',
                                                  'trap' => '5'
                                                }
                                              ],
          'CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE' => [
                                            {
                                              'template' => 'Processing of Informational mode failed with peer IP',
                                              'regex' => 'Processing of Informational mode failed with peer at (\\d{1,3})\\.(\\d{1,3})\\.(\\d{1,3})\\.(\\d{1,3})',
                                              'trap' => '4'
                                            }
                                          ],
          'AAAA-4-SERVUNDEF' => [
                                  {
                                    'template' => 'The server-group "vty" is not defined. Please define it.',
                                    'regex' => 'The server-group "vty" is not defined. Please define it.',
                                    'trap' => '1'
                                  }
                                ],
          'FWSM-2-106007' => [
                               {
                                 'template' => 'Deny inbound UDP from the IP Address',
                                 'regex' => 'Deny inbound UDP from (\\d{1,3})\\.(\\d{1,3})\\.(\\d{1,3})\\.(\\d{1,3})',
                                 'trap' => '8'
                               },
                               {
                                 'template' => 'Processing of Informational mode failed',
                                 'regex' => 'Processing of Informational mode failed with peer at (\\d{1,3})\\.(\\d{1,3})\\.(\\d{1,3})\\.(\\d{1,3})',
                                 'trap' => '9'
                               }
                             ]
        };

my $key_in_focus = "FWSM-2-106007";
my $count = 0;

for (keys %{ $VAR1 }) {
    if ($_ eq $key_in_focus && ref($VAR1->{$_}) eq "ARRAY") {
        for (@{ $VAR1->{$_} }) {
            if (ref($_) eq "HASH") { # Just an additional check to count only the hashes inside the array
                $count++;
            }
        }
        print "$key_in_focus points to $count element(s).\n";
    }
}

This User Gave Thanks to balajesuri For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to list mirrored elements? (pv, vg, lv)

Hello, How can I list mirrored elements, such as PV, VG or LV? (and others if applicable). On AIX 4.3.3 and 5.3.0. I tried the commands: lscfg|grep hd lspv lsvg lsvg -l (of each vg) lslv (and some options) But could not find what am I looking for. I saw a "number of copies", but I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cactux
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - New line in array elements

Hello, I have a comma delimited input feed file. The first field has directory location and the second field has file name. Ex of input feed: /export/appl/a,abc*.dat /export/appl/b,xyz*.dat /export/appl/c,pmn*.dat Under each directory, there would be many files like... . . .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bperl
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

just want certail elements

I just want to be able to take every 6 value out of an arrays can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong? the data looks like 1500680,Treverbyn,397,1,2136,4420 and i want the 2 element treverbyn out of every row #hour0.pl my $url = 'http://en19.tribalwars.net/map/tribe.txt'; use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frenchface
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl:Use of array elements in pattern matching

I need to use array elements while pattern matching. @myarr = (ELEM1, ELEM2, ELEM3); following is the statement which I am using in my code. Basically I want to replace the ELEM1/2/3 with other thing which is mentioned as REPL here. if (condition) { s/(ELEM1|ELEM2|ELEM3): REPL: /; } I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Array Elements Replacement

Hello, I have the following perl array: @longname = (Fasthernet0/0 Fasthernet0/1 Serial0/1/0 Serial0/2/1 Tunnel55 Tunnel77) with the followinh array: @shortname = (Fa0/0 Fa0/1 Se0/1/0 Se0/2/1 Tu55 Tu77) in other words, I need to remove the following from each element in the array... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with editing string elements

Hi All I have a question. I would like to edit some string characters by replacing with characters of choice located in another file. For example in sample file>S5_SK1.chr01 NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCAGCATGCAATAAGGTGACATAGATATACCCACACACCACACCCTAACACTAACCCTAATCTAACCCTGGCCAACCTGTTT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawannoel
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array elements comparison using perl

Experts, I am looking to compare elements of 2 array using perl. Below is not the actual code but logic wise something like this. my $version = "MYSQlcl-5.2.4-264.x86_64"; <-- split this word into array as (5 2 4 264) ( which is to extract only the version number from the package name) my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaix14
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : converting file to different scalar elements

I have a text file containing 2 exec statements as below and trying to store the below 2 execs into 2 different scalar variables in perl. /* ICD Dist, Total */ /* need to export to Excel, sheet=ICD_Dist__Total */ exec( 'select sum(count(*)) cast(count(*)*100.0/sum(count(*)) over() as... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)