Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sum numeric columns contained in a plain text file Post 302860111 by bartus11 on Friday 4th of October 2013 03:12:11 PM
Old 10-04-2013
Try:
Code:
awk 'NR>2{a+=$1;b+=$2}END{print a"\t"b}' file

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selectable numeric text menu from file possible?

Is there a way i can take 'lets say the etc/group file' and arange the group names into a selectable numeric menu eg; 1) root:0 2) other:1 3) bin:2 4) sys:3 ..... ..... ..... and so on then GROUP="group name of users selection" i have tried for over an hour searching on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: switchkill
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of three columns - in 4N columns file

Hi All, happy new year. I have a file with 4xN columns like 0.0000e+00 0.0000e+00 7.199E+07 7.123E+07 6.976E+07 6.482E+07 5.256E+07 2.523E+07 0.0000e+00 0.0000e+00 8.641E+07 8.550E+07 8.373E+07 7.780E+07 6.309E+07 3.028E+07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sum of all columns in all files in one output file

If I have say 4 files like this: File1: 1 3 4 7 7 0 5 7 5 9 1 2 7 4 8 File2: 1 4 6 2 5 7 1 2 3 6 0 3 0 3 8 File3: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To perform sum aggregation on numeric fields

Hi all, I have following scenario to perform sum aggregation on certain columns Node Allocated_Space Pool_Name CS_Group Utilized Space -------- ---------------- ---------- --------- -------------- bdw1a_lun01 300 bdw_p0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum of two columns in a file

Hi, I need to do a sum of two columns in a file where delimiter is |^ input 1|^2|^3|^4|^50|^2|^3|^100 2|^3|^4|^6|^100|^7|^2|^50 3|^4|^2|^3|^50|^6|^3|^50 4|^2|^5|^7|^25|^2|^8|^25 Output required: Sum of 2 columns 5 & 8 which is 450 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jram
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify one line in a plain text file

Hi everyone, I want to know, if there is a way to modify one line in a text file with unix script, with out re-writing all the file. For example, i have this file: CONFIGURATION_1=XXXX CONFIGURATION_2=YYYY CONFIGURATION_3=ZZZZ supose i have a command or function "modify" that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate 2 columns, add sum IF two columns match on two rows

Hi all, I know this sounds suspiciously like a homework course; but, it is not. My goal is to take a file, and match my "ID" column to the "Date" column, if those conditions are true, add the total number of minutes worked and place it in this file, while not printing the original rows that I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtucker6784
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate 2 columns, add sum IF two columns satisfy the condition

HI All, I'm embedding SQL query in Script which gives following output: Assignee Group Total ABC Group1 17 PQR Group2 5 PQR Group3 6 XYZ Group1 10 XYZ Group3 5 I have saved the above output in a file. How do i sum up the contents of this output so as to get following output: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khushbu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy columns from one file into another and get sum of column values and row count

I have a file abc.csv, from which I need column 24(PurchaseOrder_TotalCost) to get the sum_of_amounts with date and row count into another file say output.csv abc.csv- UTF-8,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tahir_M
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Optimization shell/awk script to aggreagte (sum) for all the columns of Huge data file

Optimization shell/awk script to aggregate (sum) for all the columns of Huge data file File delimiter "|" Need to have Sum of all columns, with column number : aggregation (summation) for each column File not having the header Like below - Column 1 "Total Column 2 : "Total ... ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikirans
2 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)