Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk - user function?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - user function? Post 302860021 by CarloM on Friday 4th of October 2013 12:15:15 PM
Old 10-04-2013
You might be able to just use xargs.

Something like:
Code:
srvctl config database | awk -F\" '{print $1}' | xargs -I%SUB% echo srvctl config database -d %SUB% -a

The echo is just so you can check if it works first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk user-defined function

HELP!!!! I am in an on-line shell programming class and have a question. Here is the data: Mike Harrington:(510) 548-1278:250:100:175 Christian Dobbins:(408) 538-2358:155:90:201 Susan Dalsass:(206) 654-6279:250:60:50 (There are 12 contribuors total) This database contains names, phone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewbieGirl
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with User Defined Function

Dear Friends, I need a help regarding User defined function in shell script. My problem is as follows: my_func.sh my_funcI(){ grep 'mystring' I.dat } my_funcQ(){ grep 'mystring' Q.dat } myfuncI myfuncQ But As both the function has same function only the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return an array of strings from user defined function in awk

Hello Friends, Is it possible to return an array from a user defined function in awk ? example: gawk ' BEGIN{} { catch_line = my_function(i) print catch_line print catch_line print catch_line } function my_function(i) { print "echo" line= "awk" line= "gawk"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call Function in .pm as another user

Hello, I need to call a function which reside in some package moudle (.pm) as another user by using su -. Are anyone know how can I do it? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alalush
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem syntax with user-defined function

Hi ! I got a script from Arabic to Roman numeral conversion - .comp.lang.awk, that I would like to modify to apply it on my input file. input ("|"-delimited fields): AAAAAA|1, 10, 13, 14, 25, 60 wanted output: AAAAAA|I, X, XIII, XIV, XXV, LX script.awk: #!/usr/bin/gawk -f ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call function as different user within the script

Hello For HP-UX, ksh shell, is it possible to define functions and call them by another user ? For example <function_name> ( ) { command1 command2 } su - <user> -c <function_name> Or the only option is defining the user in the function itself as follows - <function_name> ( )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atanubanerji
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to silence rm -rf option for my user

Hi Gurus, I am trying to silence or supress rm -rf option for a particular user(venkat). for that am going to write a function in a script test_fun_ls.sh like below #!/bin/bash RM_FUNCTION () { if then case ${1} in -r) ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky.b5
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk for printing the function name inside each function

Hi, I am having script which contains many functions. Need to print each function name at the starting of the function. Like below, functionname() { echo "functionname" commands.... } I've tried like below, func=`grep "()" scriptname | cut -d "(" -f1` for i in $func do nawk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Call user defined function from awk

My requirement is to call function ("fun1") from awk, and print its returned value along with $0. fun1() { t=$1 printf "%02d\n", $t % 60; } echo "Hi There 23" | awk '{print $0; system(fun1 $3)}' Any suggestions what to be modified in above code to achieve requirement.. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
5 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)